Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this a typical scenario for an exceptionally attractive guy in high school?

Platinum Member
    I dated a very, very good looking guy a few years ago (not in high school...). He had women falling all over themselves trying to get him to want them. He was so tiresome! He expected to have women fawn over him. His ego took a huge hit when I stopped seeing him. He had never nlhad a woman walk away from him before. It infuriated him, possibly because I'm not exactly a beauty queen and I dumped him.

Looks without depth are boring. I need to be attracted to the person, not just their outer shell.

But many others go for looks only, as you saw.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Can't judge a book by it's cover. You seem smitten and fascinated with him. Is this sour grapes or insecurity talking?
    I did have a slight crush on him for a while, but I felt that it was too risky to do anything about it, so I tried to ignore him.

One of my friends had a short sexual fling with him last year, and she was sort of entranced after she had been with him for the first time - she talked about him nonstop that whole day and said that she had started having orgasms shortly before they had even got to the sex part, and she tried to have sex with him as often as possible (which turned out to be about every three days, and the guy may have met other girls during that time as well - my friend said that he always had much fewer condoms than she remembered).
    But she was dumped just a couple weeks later, and then a couple days after that I saw him with another girl, who seemed just as struck by him (twinkling eyes, constant smile, lots of excited giggling and blushing, repeated tender and loving embraces around his neck while standing on her tiptoes as a way to initiate long kisses etc).
    All of that stuff seemed very tough, and I was scared of feeling that way myself.
    Last edited by Amelia2001; 06-26-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    I dated a very, very good looking guy a few years ago (not in high school...). He had women falling all over themselves trying to get him to want them. He was so tiresome! He expected to have women fawn over him. His ego took a huge hit when I stopped seeing him. He had never nlhad a woman walk away from him before. It infuriated him, possibly because I'm not exactly a beauty queen and I dumped him.

Looks without depth are boring. I need to be attracted to the person, not just their outer shell.

great points!
    My son loves pretty girls and with his looks, he can attract them. I keep telling him he needs to dig a little deeper because the relationships he's had haven't fared very well. If they rely solely on their looks and fail to develop anything else, you are likely bound for trouble. He's dating a new girl and as much as I like her, he keeps asking me if I think she's beautiful. Apparently he's still learning his lesson.

My best friend is a good case. Beautiful and guys would fall over her. She pretty much got anything she wanted and didn't think twice about asking for it. UNTIL, she got to be our age (50's) and as nature would have it, our looks start to change. She never really developed any other aspect of herself and still can't figure out why she never really got what felt she was entitled to. Married for one year only, no kids, not a dime to her name and has no clue how she's going to manage the years ahead. Sadly, life skills such as these are better learned young.

Yes I am aware that some girls go only for looks, I just didn't know that it could be this extreme.
    There were always girls hitting on him or trying to seduce him almost every time I saw him, and the girls in our class would always try to sit close to him and touch his hair or look into his eyes as long as they could (even though they usually gor really shy after a while and looked away).

It was also funny because he didn't seem to have any particularly interesting personality at all, and still girls kept trying to be around him and invited him home and things like that.
    Sometimes a group of girls would invite him to a party that they would have together, always with that flirty inviting look from all of them, and I guess that some of those parties were just their excuse to have sex with him or something - I certainly got that vibe.

Why don't you focus on boys you are ready, willing and able to date and you won't feel so obsessed with him. If you had your own bf, the fact that you think he's out of your league wouldn't bother you this much.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Why don't you focus on boys you are ready, willing and able to date and you won't feel so obsessed with him. If you had your own bf, the fact that you think he's out of your league wouldn't bother you this much.
    Well I guess I kind if wish that I dared approach him myself, but it feels too risky and uncertain.
    I have no idea how to approach a guy like that.

One of my friends who had a short sexual relationship with him has admitted that she tried to seduce him and get to the sex part as soon as possible, and then intended to charm him from there by being flirty and romantic to him while they were in bed or in any other private intimate situation, but she got dumped after about 2-3 weeks so that probably doesn't work too well.

Are you trolling? Or are you a guy who is jealous of him?
    Originally Posted by Amelia2001
    One of my friends who had a short sexual relationship with him has admitted that she tried to seduce him and get to the sex part as soon as possible

Platinum Member
    Are you trying to figure out how you can get together with him?

Are you trying to figure out how you can get together with him?
    A little bit I guess, but it seems very tricky to have a relationship with a guy like him.

Originally Posted by Amelia2001
    A little bit I guess, but it seems very tricky to have a relationship with a guy like him.
    And here lies the truth to this convoluted thread... You have a crush on him and lack the confidence to approach him.

I donít know this guy or whether he is a good person, the way you describe him he sounds like a fu@k boy, and someone that is accustomed to having women throw themselves at him. I find this sort of thing off putting for the reasons that bolt and reinvent describe. Only you know if a guy like this is a fit for a relationship with you, I would say donít expect him to give up the lifestyle he has become accustomed to as he seems to enjoy it, at least for now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice