She added me but i deleted her, should i add her back?

Vdubz77

Please help I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this but here goes. My ex and I broke up around 5 years ago, we stayed in touch after and she kept being close to me but then a year after thebreak upI seen her with someone else and confronted her at which point she said she moved on, thisbroke my heartso I stopped speaking to her although I didn’t delete her off mysocial media. Another year after that we slowly started to speak again, then I worked out that the other guy cheated on her which is probably why she started being nice to me again, we stayed in touch and she started to get close to me again and even apologised for the way she left, I asked her if there’s any hope for us but she said no, I was really confused cos I didn’t know why she was being close to me, so at that point I told her I can’t handle this anymore and that we need to lose contact so I can move on, we wished each other the best and I deleted her off all my social media and that was when we lost touch around 2 years ago. In the meantime I have had some success in my life without her as I have managed to graduate and get a well paid job and also recently treated myself to a new car. But I’ve never moved on since her as I think about her all the time and I hadn’t heard from her since then, but last month she started following me on Social media, I followed her back but she didnt message me or anything for 3 days although I could see that she has been active, so I deleted her but kinda regreted it after. A part of me wants to add her back but I have my doubts because I don’t want her to break my heart again but at the same time I still miss her, I’m so confused. She seems to be single but I’m not sure if she feels anything. Did I do the right thing or would it be weird if I added her back?

What user name did you post this under before? My advice at that time was to delete and block her and all her people from all your social media and move on to date other women. Do not be the transition guy or backup plan. If you were in a happy relationship (which should be the case after 5 years) her contact would be irrelevant.

I'm so glad everyone else recognizes this post, because I thought I had read it before.

OP, you either take the advice given before or you don't. It's your life. Since you're posting this again, it seems like you want to remain obsessed this woman. No one here can change that.

You've received great advice, multiple times. Apparently, it's not the answer you are looking for. So, go, add her again. I wouldn't advise that, and I haven't, but you might need to actually take this lesson in order to learn it. Add her again and tell us how it went.

It's called ghostly lover syndrome. People think about all the good times they had with an ex but forget the bad - and don't realize that after a long breakup, the love has died and will never return between that couple.

Stop living a life of quiet desperation, and date new women. In time, you'll get over this girl.

Archived