LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dumped at 7 months pregnant

Platinum Member
    The problems started before you fell pregnant.
    Why did you plan to fall pregnant with him?
    9 years and no commitment?
    How soon into this relationship did these issues arise?

Kids would rather be from a broken home than live in one, keep that in mind.

He needs rehab, he cant just quit speed, he needs help with that. Unless and until he gets that help you need to keep him out of your life. Be sure to get child support payments set up, he doesnt get off scot free because he doesnt want to be a father. You are far better off without this guy.

Platinum Member
    How long has he been doing drugs?

This guy is a danger to you and your baby. Seek sole custody. He should NOT be attending doctor's visits with you.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 06-26-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    I'm really sorry you're going through this, OP.

He is violent, unstable and under the influence. You do not want this person around your child in this state; see a lawyer and find out what your options are in terms of getting sole custody. Maybe someday, when he's healthy and stable and sober, you can think about having him in the child's life. Right now, though - no way would I permit it and I would do everything in my power to make sure my child was safe from him. I would not trust him around the dog you share, let alone an infant.

It sounds like his behavior is a toxic combination of drugs and a guilty conscience. He was screaming loudly and often enough about you cheating to make me seriously question if it was actually him cheating. Very often the guilty parties project like this. I would not be at all surprised if you one day discover he was the one being unfaithful when he was ranting at you for the very same thing.
    Totally agree!

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Did he actually have a girlfriend or was he just saying that to emotionally abuse you even more than his paranoia was doing?

I don't know but it really sounds like, if it's not the drugs, that he is schizophrenic. My cousin went from a normal, happy young man to a paranoid, vicious verbal abuser much like what your ex displays. He is back to his normal self now that he has been diagnosed and is on the proper medication.

Hopefully he gets the help he needs before your baby is born. It might be a good idea to see a lawyer about getting sole custody ironed out before hand.

I'm sending you a virtual hug and a wish for a fast and easy delivery when the time comes.

Yes, Iím pretty sure. I told him that he needed professional help for his addiction and he told me that this girl is really good for him and that since theyíve been seeing each other heís stopped taking drugs and smoking cigarettes. I donít know if this is true or just to hurt, but Iím pretty positive there is someone else in his life.

Iíve actually suspected that he was schizophrenic also. It was such a sudden change.

Thanks for the support.

He didnít tell me exactly but it seems to have started a few months ago...

He will not be attending any appointments. I donít think he deserves it.

Originally Posted by melancholy123
    Kids would rather be from a broken home than live in one, keep that in mind.

He needs rehab, he cant just quit speed, he needs help with that. Unless and until he gets that help you need to keep him out of your life. Be sure to get child support payments set up, he doesnt get off scot free because he doesnt want to be a father. You are far better off without this guy.
    Iím seeking legal counsel because Iím afraid that by acknowledging that he is the father and getting support from him will result in him being able to get some sort of custody.

Originally Posted by annie24
    Hugs I am so sorry. I hope your family and friends can be there fo you when the baby is born and help out.
    Thank you. Iím lucky to have a very supportive family and a good group of friends that can help after my daughter is born.

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    I'm really sorry you're going through this, OP.

He is violent, unstable and under the influence. You do not want this person around your child in this state; see a lawyer and find out what your options are in terms of getting sole custody. Maybe someday, when he's healthy and stable and sober, you can think about having him in the child's life. Right now, though - no way would I permit it and I would do everything in my power to make sure my child was safe from him. I would not trust him around the dog you share, let alone an infant.

It sounds like his behavior is a toxic combination of drugs and a guilty conscience. He was screaming loudly and often enough about you cheating to make me seriously question if it was actually him cheating. Very often the guilty parties project like this. I would not be at all surprised if you one day discover he was the one being unfaithful when he was ranting at you for the very same thing.
    Iím going to see a lawyer to find out what I can do. I believe he will want a DNA test before going through a custody battle with me.

I agree that he was probably cheating on me. It hurts so badly to think about it.

Platinum Member
    Child support and custody are completely separate things. Whether there's joint or sole, whomever is the main, still receives child support. And he also has to pay child support whether or not he has any custody rights.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice