Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Sweet Story About a Marriage

I don't think it was said that "he didn't want to marry her" only that "he wasn't ready for marriage."

I posted a thread about a friend of mine who had been dating her boyfriend for three years, she wanted to get married and he kept telling her he ďwasnít ready.Ē

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    I don't think it was said that "he didn't want to marry her" only that "he wasn't ready for marriage."
    Thank you TwT for asserting this point.

I never disclosed his reasons for not being ready and won't now, it's irrelevant.

What is relevant is that, again, after searching and discovering her truth, my friend chose to accept those reasons, was happy to accept those reasons, never once felt she was compromising her own values and truths, choosing instead to focus on their mutual love, faith and trust.

I am not sure why or how this thread, which was intended to be a upbeat, positive story, turned into a debate about one's own personal views on marriage or a critique of my friend's personal choice, but nevertheless, I did find the various opinions interesting and thank everyone who chimed in.

Let us now choose to embrace our differences and close this baby down. :)
    Last edited by katrina1980; 06-30-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Platinum Member
    To me thatís basically the same thing particularly at their ages and for that length of time. And he never told her when he thought heíd be ready or offered to go to counseling or get to the bottom of it. Another indication he just didnít want marriage in general or to her - for practical purposes thatís the same thing. Certainly there can be financial reasons etc and exceptions. That is how Iíve always interpreted it and heard it interpreted by psychologists etc

Platinum Member
    Yes I know you intended it that way. Doesnít mean itís the only way. As I wrote Iím glad it worked out for them and I hope they have a healthy baby! To me that kind of story isnít uplifting. Vive le difference

Platinum Member
    Bat, please stop.

You made your point a long time ago. And tbh your posts have really upset me, they are not helpful. But in fact, hurtful. At least to me, as the initiator of this thread.

I respectfully asked in my last post that this thread (discussion) be closed down and would appreciate your respecting that request, thanks.
    Last edited by katrina1980; 07-01-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Platinum Member
    Iím sorry expressing my opinion about your friendís situation offended you. Not my intention. I did not feel my last clarifying post disrespected your request - indeed it wished her well -again - which I only saw after I posted (your request to end the thread)and could not edit as we are traveling - Sorry again if you took personally my opinion about your friendís situation.
    Last edited by Batya33; 07-01-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Platinum Member
    Deleted.

Nevermind, not worth it.

This thread has run its course...Closed.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Give Advice
Ask For Advice