Why did he seem interested and then ignore me?

LillyBella224

So there’s a boy i like at my college and he seemed really interested in me and we chatted all the time and flirted constantly at college. Then I built up the courage to message him to ask him about work. We chatted for a few days on message when we weren’t in college over the weekend and it was going well. He told me he liked me and asked me out on a date that same weekend but then cancelled on me. I also admittied I liked him and he constantly kept messaging me first. Now all of a sudden he has just stopped messaging and he hardly spoke to me at college today but still said a couple of flirty things but didn’t go out of his way to chat to me? I’m so confused, I thought he liked me? He didn’t even say hi when i got to college today?

Unfortunately he sounds a bit awkward or confused. Maybe he's dating others/has a gf back home or just got cold feet. Stop texting him, pull back. Say hi, be friendly but go about your business and date other guys.

So there’s a boy i like at my college and he seemed really interested in me and we chatted all the time and flirted constantly at college. I also admittied I liked him and he constantly kept messaging me first.

I just don’t understand how he can go from telling me he likes me, to 2 days later ignoring me. It doesn’t make sense to me. It just leaves me feeling awkward because I told him I like him. I’m just going to speak as little as I can to him and not message him at all. I can’t be bothered for guys who play games. He clearly didn’t even like me from the off.

I just don’t understand how he can go from telling me he likes me, to 2 days later ignoring me. It doesn’t make sense to me. It just leaves me feeling awkward because I told him I like him. I’m just going to speak as little as I can to him and not message him at all. I can’t be bothered for guys who play games. He clearly didn’t even like me from the off.

Two things:

(1) Please don’t waste any time or energy trying to figure this out, you never will and that is a fact.

(2) Some guys (the immature ones and it does not matter how old they are) fear their own feelings, you will learn this as you get more experienced. It is no reflection on you, in fact often times it’s the opposite – the more they like you, the more afraid they get.

He told you he likes you because he does. Or did. Some of it may have been you, some of it a fantasy version of you.

The fantasy was safe, it means he does not have to act on his feelings, meaning date you, develop a relationship with you.

Once the cat was out of the bag and he told you how he feels and you told him same, and he asked you out, reality hit, he’s off and running and ignoring you.

Why?

He got scared, of his feelings, what those feelings mean which in his mind mean dating and relationship which may be something he’s not quite ready to explore yet, with you. Even though when this was all a fantasy, he did think he was ready.

Again, don’t wrack your brain trying to understand it, it does not make sense to us (women) because we don’t typically react that way when we like a guy, although some women do.

Seems like a good reason not to like him anymore. I agree with Wiseman's comment about appearing confused and Katrina's mention not to wreck your brain trying to understand it. There are a lot of confusing people and situations out there. The trick is focusing more (spending more energy) on the less confusing aspects of life and cherish the people who bring less confusion (more clarity) into your life.

You gave in too quickly! Men like the chase... especially college men! Make him come to you if you really like him. Don't give him more than he is giving you. Show him what reciprocity is. If he is truly in to you, he will show you.

Archived