Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Date question

Bronze Member

Date question

Hey everyone,
    Went in a date last night, lasted 4 hours. Lots of laughing and getting to know each other.
    Though towards the end she was telling me how dating is gonna be for me in the city (i just moved here). I found that a bit weird..as if she'd already made up her mind, but that she's just being friendly and continuing the date.

What was she telling you about dating in the city? You think she had made up her mind about what?

Bronze Member
    How there's a rumor that the ratio is in favor of men so I won't have difficulty.

Made up her mind about not wanting to go on another date with me. I'll ask her out soon and know, but posting here anyway

I wouldn’t fret about a comment like that. People often talk about dating on first dates as a kind of icebreaker. If you had a nice time ask her to hang out again, rather than hanging on something she said off the cuff.

Platinum Member
    No worries, her question was what is known as a "shyt test" in current dating speak.

She was testing you to see how you would respond.

Again no worries, we all do a bit of testing at first, as blue said I would not fret about it.

By the way, how did you respond?

Bronze Member
    I didn't really. I looked at her confused and responded to something else she stated after

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by firstluvstruck
    I didn't really. I looked at her confused and responded to something else she stated after
    Please learn to roll w these types of comments., not tak them so personally or read too much into.

Maybe toss something back, equally snarky - it's callled banter and can be good fun.

It was only one date and even if she wants to continue dating you she probably assumed you'd be dating others as well, at least for a little while.

So she tossed it out there.

Have you asked her out again?
    Last edited by katrina1980; 06-24-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Bronze Member
    Not yet. Date was just last night. Was gonna send a few links to things we talked about then ask her out

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by katrina1980
    Please learn to roll w these types of comments., not taken them so personally or read too much into.

Maybe toss something back, equally snarky - it's callled banter and can be good fun.
    This didnt even cross my mind! What would you have said (to jog my imagination). "Oh yeah, I've heard about that, can't wait"?

Platinum Member
    I dunno, maybe say in a playful tone, "oh yeah, mind elaborating? Any tips?"

Play with her about it a bit.

Either that, or in one ear and out the other, but my guess it was her attempt to gauge whether you are a man who multi-dates or a "one at a time" dater.

Personally I don't care for shyt tests, got something to say, say it direct.

So my response is to toss something back and make it playful.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice