Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Date question

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by firstluvstruck
    I'll have to think about this. Will let you know!
    I may get beat up for saying this, but if you want to succeed at dating the women you like, learn some "game."

Right now it appears you have none or very little.

Bronze Member
    I could work on the playful banter and teasing

Platinum Member
    I could work on the playful banter and teasing
    More importantly, when a woman behaves lukewarm and ignores messages, step back a bit.

Give her a chance to wonder about you, wonder if perhaps SHE blew it by ignoring your message.

There is a difference between "having game" and "playing a game."

By stepping back when a woman ignores you and behaves lukewarm or disinterested, you are showing her you value yourself and respect yourself, both of which will make it easier for her to value and respect you. Which is what you want.

By continuing to chase her, which is what you are considering doing now, it sends the opposite message.

Bronze Member
    I don't think I'm gonna play this game. I'll text her tomorrow and hope for the best.

Curious: what's the text tomorrow about? Seeing her before the weekend? Making a plan for next week? Just staying in the orbit?

No judgment—at all—I'm just trying to understand your headspace on this.

Platinum Member
    I don't think I'm gonna play this game. I'll text her tomorrow and hope for the best.
    If she had responded back and showed some interest I'd be like heck yeah, text her, ask her out!

But damn dude, after initially saying yes, she blew off your date, offered no alternative, and then blew off your "how is your weekend" text.

So given that, it's not really a game so much as simply valuing and respecting yourself.

But your call, good luck hope it works out.

Bronze Member
    I've thought about self respect and not reaching out again. But screw it. I like this one enough to put myself out there again. She's not responded before, so I'm banking on that. If not, at least I'll have a clearer answer and can let go. I'll send it and delete everything and move on.

I just don't get the feeling that she's one to ghost. So, if anything I'll get a rejection, which is better than ghosting, always. I may have limited game, but I like to think I have a good sense of character. Though who knows.

Bluecastle, my text will be to ask her out for this Saturday. There's a free event at the museum with many exhibits, drinks, and a dj. Send the link to the event, something about it, and end with "you game?" And an emoji or two.
    If you have a better, more playful way to imply that I'm asking her to join me, I'm all ears. Originally was going to say "what do you think," but decided against it. All this shouldn't even matter.

Bah, I'm too frustrated lol.

Wait—I thought she had friends in town this weekend?

Bronze Member
    This past weekend. We went out last last sunday. Texted back and forth until last wed. I texted her two days ago

Platinum Member
    Ok cool.

But remember, she said yes last week, but then blew it off (friends in town or so she claimed) so even if she says yes tomorrow, be prepared for same (different excuse), and to attend event alone.

Not saying she will, hope she says yes and keeps the date, just be prepared if she blows it off again.

Good luck firstluv, again hope it all works out, you seem like a really good stand up guy. :)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice