Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Am I Right to End This Relationship

Sorry to hear this. It sounds like he was stringing you along. Good you ended things.
    Originally Posted by jannijan
    -would say things like "I'll put a ring on your finger".
    -he needed some sun (alone?).
    -he wanted to go out on Friday evenings with the lads.
    -I think the relationship is toxic
    -"We're together for the moment" is what he said tonight.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Sorry to hear this. It sounds like he was stringing you along. Good you ended things.
    Thank you. He never said the relationship was toxic. I thought that. But he did say the other things. Maybe he wanted space but he should've said that. He was pushing buttons and he'd been gaslighting me. My head was spinning when I ended this. He would say things under his breath so I would wonder if I heard right, always the opposite of what he said out loud. He would say one thing and do the opposite, such as he wanted us to find a flat and move in together but started to decorate his flat. It was all pretty mind blowing stuff. I've maintained the no-contact though and am now going through the co-dependency bit which is hard but I won't give in. I deserve much better. His behaviour has escalated a little bit though in that he's now driving by the shop, staring at me with his head out of the car window - while he's driving. I think it's supposed to be intimidating but I've got too many supportive people around me. I've already had him approaching everyone associated with me telling them I've gone a bit loopy and would they make sure I'm taking the medication and look after me for him?! Even a woman who walks her dogs by the shop has been approached and one neighbour said he felt like he was being stalked by him as he seemed to pop up everywhere when he went down town shopping. Like a jack in the box. He has all his things back, including all the tools and the contract sim he put in my phone and he's blocked on all social media accounts, email, phone, etc. There's no going back as far as I'm concerned. Of course, he approaches everyone except me. It's all an act to make himself look innocent and me look a bit loopy. I'm hoping he'll give up now as he must realise he's making a show of himself and not of me. I'm glad you agree that I did the right thing and ended things. The relationship was toxic.

Read up on passive-aggressive behavior, it will be very enlightening. Ignore his craziness and reflect in peace that you are done dealing with someone like this.

Read up on passive-aggressive behavior, it will be very enlightening. Ignore his craziness and reflect in peace that you are done dealing with someone like this.
    Thank you Wiseman. I will read up on that.

I spent last night reading up on passive/aggressive behaviour which was enlightening but would only apply if his strings were being pulled by someone else. He has an authoritarian personality and believes he's an adonis and better at everything than anyone else. I have a real worry that he's angry that he's almost done a refit on my shop and I've cut all contact. I'm thinking more sociopathic, than passive/aggressive, given his domineering personality.

Originally Posted by jannijan
    I spent last night reading up on passive/aggressive behaviour which was enlightening but would only apply if his strings were being pulled by someone else. He has an authoritarian personality and believes he's an adonis and better at everything than anyone else. I have a real worry that he's angry that he's almost done a refit on my shop and I've cut all contact. I'm thinking more sociopathic, than passive/aggressive, given his domineering personality.
    Jesus, you really need to lay off the google diagnosis/ victim crap, nothing youíve described justifies your language, itís extremist and seems to be coming from a place of childishness and entitlement. You seem to very much have a hurt them before they hurt me mentality. Iím sorry Billie was the only one to see through that, cause feeding this monster in your head is going to leave you in a very bad place healing wise...

[QUOTE=figureitout23;7154808]Jesus, you really need to lay off the google diagnosis/ victim crap, nothing youíve described justifies your language, itís extremist and seems to be coming from a place of childishness and entitlement. You seem to very much have a hurt them before they hurt me mentality. Iím sorry Billie was the only one to see through that, cause feeding this monster in your head is going to leave you in a very bad place healing wise...[/QUOTE
    What language? I'm healing very nicely, thank you. You'd think differently and wouldn't be so judgemental if someone had been spinning your head.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice