Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Conclusion/ Exploring the idea that I am Autistic as well

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I also have an incredible pain tolerance and my body doesnít recognize how ill I am sometimes. I was almost septic with necrotized tissue in my uterus and didnít even feel sick. My mom says one day I am going to die from lack of body awareness.
    Almost septic means you were NOT septic and clearly got help before that could occur.
    Itís quite likely to not feel sick to a point. And your point of feeling sick was before sepsis could occur which puts you in a normal pain tolerance range really!?

What you describe of yourself is more OCD and anxiety imo.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Billie28
    Almost septic means you were NOT septic and clearly got help before that could occur.
    Itís quite likely to not feel sick to a point. And your point of feeling sick was before sepsis could occur which puts you in a normal pain tolerance range really!?

What you describe of yourself is more OCD and anxiety imo.
    Well, you have no clue exactly how sick I was and what pain I have endured in my life right?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Since being Autistic is primarily genetic it might make sense. My husband is neurodivergent but not Autistic. My son is diagnosed Autistic at 17. Many many Autistic people slip through cracks of diagnosis. My son was misdiagnosed many times and that was in the 2000ís. So in the 60ís and 70ís it wasnít anything 99% of people even knew about .

Are there tests you can take to be diagnosed? If so would this benefit you in any way?

Well, there is evaluation by a psychiatrist and brain scan. All costly . Private evaluation for my son was $2000 . But my insurance does cover $2000 for mental health treatment. At the time that my son was diagnosed it did not and only covered $1000 . Primarily I think the only way it would probably benefit me would just be my own private information . I
    Originally Posted by catfeeder
    Are there tests you can take to be diagnosed? If so would this benefit you in any way?

I will tell you right now. Thinking of yourself or your son as autistic will only serve for justifying behavior which may or may not be healthy. I used to think of myself as being on the spectrum since I enjoyed doing extremely repetitive activities, highly sensitive to bright lights, loud sounds and tags on clothing. In general I am pretty introverted, I will often spend a lot of time reading technical programming books, and can spend hours in front of the computer (like really long time).

Turns out that when I was younger, I wasn't properly socialized. There were certain important developmental markers that children are suppose to hit and it's highly likely that I might have missed some of those. Between the ages of 2 and 3 spent a lot of time alone. My mom also told me that I didn't speak until I turned 3, and after that I continue to spend a lot of time myself playing with blocks and using my imagination as entertainment. Thinking that I was on the spectrum only served to enforce my behavior and not fight any of the isolation patterns. Maybe it doesn't matter what diagnosis you or anyone has, the point is we try are best to live a healthy life.

Since, I stopped thinking I was on the spectrum, I realized I was more willing to look at my own behavior and compare it to other people. In addition, I work harder to face my fears and be with people. Good luck on your journey.

That is assuming there is something wrong with being Autistic, but there isnít . Being Autistic is perfectly valid.

I think your missing the point. You say, you suffer from extreme stress, and you son urges you to filter some of the stimuli.

The justification for the stress and inability to filter is the diagnosis of being on the spectrum. Thereby excusing any ability or responsibility which you may take part in contributing to the problem.

Itís almost like me trying to explain to someone who claims to be clinically depressed that there are some counter measures they could take to cope with these feelings.

Either way I already know that if you wanted to listen to advice you would have listened not only to myself but to what other posters have claimed. It just seems like you want to justify the behavior, I guess we all make decisions.

Originally Posted by Delacrank
    I think your missing the point. You say, you suffer from extreme stress, and you son urges you to filter some of the stimuli.

The justification for the stress and inability to filter is the diagnosis of being on the spectrum. Thereby excusing any ability or responsibility which you may take part in contributing to the problem.

Itís almost like me trying to explain to someone who claims to be clinically depressed that there are some counter measures they could take to cope with these feelings.

Either way I already know that if you wanted to listen to advice you would have listened not only to myself but to what other posters have claimed. It just seems like you want to justify the behavior, I guess we all make decisions.
    The thing is I have a fully functioning life. Friends and family and work etc. But I have suffered from anxiety since toddlerhood and stress as well.

I will say that my stress and anxiety are not untreated, they are.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice