LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Losing interest

Losing interest

Iíve been with my now fiancť for three and a half years on and off and he has been living with me for about 3 months we spend ever day together but itís starting to feel like heís losing interest we donít talk like we used to you can just feel the space between us he gets fad easily and tryís to break up with me but here lately I donít know if heís pulling away or what but itís started to make me question my feelings I donít know if itís me or him at this point ?

Platinum Member
    On and off relationships ultimately end up off.
    How long are you willing to let this go on for?

Why did he move in 3 months ago? And how long was the relationship ďonĒ at that point?

We are more on than off really we only really broke up twice
    We both decided that we wanted to take our relationship to the next level of him moving in with me and we are in the works of moving out together on our on

When ever he rolls over to kiss me Iíve found myself pulling away could this all just be me and Iím just trying to blame it on him

Ask him to move out. He's not your 'fiance" if it's chronically on/off and he constantly threatens to break up. It's just a conflicted toxic relationship. You are fortunate to see his true colors after only 3 mos. It will be a living hell if you continue to live together.

He sounds a tad emotionally abusive. Read up on that topic and see of the shoe fits.
    Originally Posted by searcy
    Iíve been with my now fiancť for three and a half years
    on and off and he has been living with me for about 3 months

he gets fad easily and tryís to break up with me

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by searcy
    We are more on than off really we only really broke up twice
    We both decided that we wanted to take our relationship to the next level of him moving in with me and we are in the works of moving out together on our on
    Break up once, fine! Break up twice, done and dusted!
    Iím all for forgiving once , but twice is just foolish!
    Itís not working!!!

There is nothing in your post that suggests abuse as per another poster (people on here tend to resort to catastrophic thinking at times and suggest therapy because they feel like thatís what a professional would do lol) but there is a lot to suggest you should not proceed with this relationship)

Back to the topic. Reconsider this relationship.

This "other poster" suggested reading up on it to see if that may be the case.. Please stop misquoting my posts. Please stop disrespecting other posters' opinions and sound advice with your characterization that "people on here resort to catastrophic thinking", etc.
    Originally Posted by Billie28
    per another poster (people on here tend to resort to catastrophic thinking at times and suggest therapy because they feel like thatís what a professional would do lol)

Platinum Member
    It seems there are problems that extend far deeper than simply him losing interest now, OP.

You two don't have a solid foundation for a marriage if you've already broken up twice and he's continuously threatening to break up again. Who decided it was a good idea to make this relationship permanent through marriage? I can't see how you'll make it to the altar like this.

How old are you both, and when is the wedding supposed to take place? Why did you break up in the past?

Are you using the term 'fiance' to mean (as many do nowadays) that you're in a serious relationship or have you actually set a date for a wedding?

Do you have an engagement ring?

Dont marry this guy anytime soon, there's problems here that need to be sorted first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice