He hasent spoken to me in 2 weeks

Cupcakes2257

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years 9 months. The last time i saw him was May 31. The last time i spoke to him was June 7. We didnt get into a discussion the last time we talked but i remember sending him a message about him not paying attention to me just cuz he was drinking and he replied saying that i was wrong that he was drinking and that was the last message he send me. I have tried sending him messages in snapchat but he wont even read them. That makes me feel so bad like im not even worth the effort for him to reply. He views all my stories in snapchat and he puts up stories of his own in snapchat. To me i think it means that he wants to break up but he dosent know how to tell me. I love him i really do. But ive noticed he has been distant so it wouldent suprise me if he’s not into me anymore. I miss him so much. But in the back of my mind i think why dosent he just remove me from snapchat so then i’ll know its officially over. I dont know what to think anymore

It sounds like he is inappropriately ghosting you. Yes, he wants your relationship to be over. He just doesn't have the guts to sit down with you and tell you to your face.

I don't know the details of your involvement, and I'm sure this hurts a lot! If I was you, though, I would send one simple and short message saying that you understand he no longer wants to see you and that you feel the same way. I know you don't, based on your post, but don't give him the comfort of knowing you're hurt and pining over him!

The fact is, if he's ghosting you after 2+ years he definitely ain't sh*t, and he probably doesn't give a sh*t. Begging, pleading, or trying to force a conversation won't change anything. Get a good therapist if possible and work on moving on. Eventually you'll recognize you dodged a bullet by not staying with an emotionally constipated manchild.

It sounds like he has major issues with denial with his drinking. You must have hit a nerve. That doesn’t matter though because him ignoring you is childish. I wouldn’t keep reaching out. If you want it to be officially over then I would send one last message telling him to take care.

You deserve better!

I'm sorry but the relationship is over.

How long has he been avoiding you and drinking?

It is really cowardly that he has ghosted you.

Time to delete this guy from everything. Believing that looking at your Snapchat amounts to anything is not realistic.

I would not want to continue to date a man who opts for this approach to ending a relationship.

Even if his intention isn't to break up, this type of stonewalling is not the behaviour of a mature person. That in and of itself would make the relationship untenable for me.

Has this been a solid relationship or on / off?

Sorry but I’m not buying that things were great until 3 weeks ago and now ghosting you?

More info needed.

And I don’t agree that you should message him at all. He’s not even reading them anyway.

How old are you both?

It doesn’t make sense that your only form of communication is via Snapchat ??! What’s that about?

Unfortunately it sounds like a conflicted relationship and he is simply backing out and ending it, but letting you guess that it's over. Block and delete him. Unless you want even more years of on/off, arguments about drinking etc. You can do better than this immature nonsense once you get rid of him.

The last time i saw him was May 31. The last time i spoke to him was June 7. We didnt get into a discussion the last time we talked but i remember sending him a message about him not paying attention to me just cuz he was drinking and he replied saying that i was wrong that he was drinking and that was the last message he send me.

I had an ex who would disappear like this whenever we fought. It caused me intense anxiety and - probably what he intended - made me feel the need to cater to whatever it was he wanted and put my own best interests aside. If I could do it all again, I would have ended things and saved myself a good two years of emotional upheaval while he ghosted me and flirted with other women. He's still single and always dating a different girl now. Since meeting my husband four years ago, we've never gone a single day without speaking to each other - even if it was just a quick text to say hi.

My point is: when someone you are supposedly in a relationship with can't even take the time to reply to you or say hello to you in two weeks (or even just one week), you are wasting your time and energy. It's a crappy way of sending you the message that you are not important, and you should take it to heart and find someone who cares for and respects you enough to tell you where you stand.

In the future, save important discussions for when you can talk in person. Why are you waiting around for him to pull the plug? Isn't it a dealbreaker for you when a serious boyfriend goes weeks without speaking to you? If I were you, I'd take this as a learning experience to know what you DON'T want in a relationship. And work on your self worth so that you don't accept people who treat you less than the special person you are. The fact that you haven't broken up with him after his prolonged poor treatment of you shows you definitely need to practice self-love. Take care.

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Relationships can be very hard sometimes, especially when there is lack of communication. Have you tried going to his house to speak with him in person? It is best to handle things face to face sometimes. I hope everything gets better with you two.

It's very common for problem drinkers/alcoholics to choose the bottle over people they perceive as nagging and coming between them and their first love- booze.

We didnt get into a discussion the last time we talked but i remember sending him a message about him not paying attention to me just cuz he was drinking and he replied saying that i was wrong that he was drinking and that was the last message he send me.
Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years 9 months. The last time i saw him was May 31. The last time i spoke to him was June 7. We didnt get into a discussion the last time we talked but i remember sending him a message about him not paying attention to me just cuz he was drinking and he replied saying that i was wrong that he was drinking and that was the last message he send me. I have tried sending him messages in snapchat but he wont even read them. That makes me feel so bad like im not even worth the effort for him to reply. He views all my stories in snapchat and he puts up stories of his own in snapchat. To me i think it means that he wants to break up but he dosent know how to tell me. I love him i really do. But ive noticed he has been distant so it wouldent suprise me if he’s not into me anymore. I miss him so much. But in the back of my mind i think why dosent he just remove me from snapchat so then i’ll know its officially over. I dont know what to think anymore

I have another perspective here. I basically, ghosted a girl, but I wasn't. She had gotten a divorce maybe 6 months prior. We dated for 8 months while she was separated and then 6 months after the divorce was final. I felt it would be good for her to kind of find herself on her own before we got married so I pushed her away in a few ways. I reached out in four days and she told me she was mad, disappointed, etc. Because I am an idiot and I was blocked, I just told her baby I am sorry before I was blocked again. I, again, because I am an idiot waited two more weeks. Then I went to her house and she cried in my car and told me I should not do that in any relationship ever again. I left and waited two-three weeks to see her again. This time she didn't even get into the car. Long story short...she is dating someone else now. So, who knows...

I have another perspective here. I basically, ghosted a girl, but I wasn't. She had gotten a divorce maybe 6 months prior. We dated for 8 months while she was separated and then 6 months after the divorce was final. I felt it would be good for her to kind of find herself on her own before we got married so I pushed her away in a few ways. I reached out in four days and she told me she was mad, disappointed, etc. Because I am an idiot and I was blocked, I just told her baby I am sorry before I was blocked again. I, again, because I am an idiot waited two more weeks. Then I went to her house and she cried in my car and told me I should not do that in any relationship ever again. I left and waited two-three weeks to see her again. This time she didn't even get into the car. Long story short...she is dating someone else now. So, who knows...

What did I just read?

That’s not another perspective its a cautionary tale!!

Archived