Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Questioning One's Own Relationship

Definitely second Maew's post #9. You seem like a very empathetic person too, Katrina. It's not always a bad thing. Sometimes filtering is difficult so taking a moment to yourself is not a bad idea also. Keep communicating with your boyfriend and enjoy getting to know each other. We change as individuals through time and keeping in touch also keeps the relationship alive.

That's one of the scariest parts of being in a relationship, you make yourself vulnerable.

But we all do. You hope and pray that your loved one isn't doing things behind your back that they're not supposed to be, but all you can do is blindly trust.

Try not to concentrate on it too much though, it's easy to live in fear but it doesn't need to be like that.

Let the thoughts come and go, but try to not focus and worry so much. I know, easier said than done.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Maybe it is good to give up true crime and reality TV if it works you up.
    I thought of that too, but I just love it so much. It's what I do for living too, at least the legal aspect of it.

I just recently read about a case about a woman who was literally stood up at the alter.

The groom walked down the aisle, but he just couldn't say the vows. He finally blurted out he was sorry but he couldn't go through with it. Right there at the alter!

Woman filed a lawsuit for "breach of promise to marry” and "intentional infliction of emotional distress" apparently she spent A LOT of money on expenses, including a bridesmaid luncheon, handmade menus, calligraphy services, and wedding planner fees.

She is experiencing panic attacks, PTSD, and she's no longer able to trust men or having relationships with them.

I am not sure what the outcome was, whether she won the case or not, but can you imagine?

Standing at the alter with your fiance by your side and him announcing to you and everyone there he "can't do this"?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by katrina1980
    but can you imagine?

Standing at the alter with your fiance by your side and him announcing to you and everyone there he "can't do this"?
    Easily lol

I also believe it would be beneficial to cut down on TV shows

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by katrina1980
    I thought of that too, but I just love it so much. It's what I do for living too, at least the legal aspect of it.

I just recently read about a case about a woman who was literally stood up at the alter.

The groom walked down the aisle, but he just couldn't say the vows. He finally blurted out he was sorry but he couldn't go through with it. Right there at the alter!

Woman filed a lawsuit for "breach of promise to marry” and "intentional infliction of emotional distress" apparently she spent A LOT of money on expenses, including a bridesmaid luncheon, handmade menus, calligraphy services, and wedding planner fees.

She is experiencing panic attacks, PTSD, and she's no longer able to trust men or having relationships with them.

I am not sure what the outcome was, whether she won the case or not, but can you imagine?

OK ,but how is any of this stuff helping you ???

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by dias
    Easily lol

I also believe it would be beneficial to cut down on TV shows
    The truth is I don't watch all that much TV. I even disconnected my cable, as I hardly watch TV and it's super expensive.

I mostly watch movies and documentaries I can access on Amazon and YouTube now, saves me about a $100 per month.

It's the true crime stuff I LOVE mostly, the dark stuff. In fact I am currently waiting to receive my DVD from Netflix about Ted Bundy!

But yeah, it would probably be best to try to wean myself off it since it affects me so much.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I think you need to back off from the TV for a bit . TV shouldn’t cause doubt in your partner .

Check out Life in Pieces on Netflix. Tattoobunnie posted something about it the other day and I responded. It's hilarious... and not dark!

I'm a fan of darker humour also. There's another Brit show I watch called Flowers, also on Netflix, and it's a witty and creative take on dealing with depression (a rather intellectual Edgar Allan Poe type of feel). The protaganist is an author suffering from depression in a rural town and the ups and downs with his family. I find it tasteful and quite funny. Touches on some sensitive topics without being entirely stupid about it.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I think you need to back off from the TV for a bit . TV shouldn’t cause doubt in your partner .
    Fictional TV doesn't trouble me S, in fact I don't even watch that.

It's the true crime documentaries and movies that I love, the dark.

I dunno, I suppose I have a love/hate thing going with it, so somehow I am just going have to mentally reconcile this within myself and continue to manage my anxiety best I can.

Truth is, you see it everyone, on the news, people talking about it out and about, reading about these things on forums like this!

In fact, it was the thread I read today that triggered all this.

Anyway, thanks guys, your posts have been very helpful!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    Check out Life in Pieces on Netflix. Tattoobunnie posted something about it the other day and I responded. It's hilarious... and not dark!

I'm a fan of darker humour also. There's another Brit show I watch called Flowers, also on Netflix, and it's a witty and creative take on dealing with depression (a rather intellectual Edgar Allan Poe type of feel). The protaganist is an author suffering from depression in a rural town and the ups an downs with his family. I find it tasteful and quite funny. Touches on some sensitive topics without being entirely stupid about it.
    Thanks! I will definitely check those out!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice