Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Issued a final warning at work - I have questions

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by WithLove
    Had a meeting yesterday with the couple people in my department and we discussed things/clients. I took on a couple things to do on my own and the boss let me. Excited to show that I am an asset!
    Wonderful!! I really love to hear how things are progressing. You're already an asset by definition!

Good job, WL.
    You are already onto something, but something I read that works for some is to make tackling all your least favorite tasks the first part of your day (time sensitive things permitting)
    Then leave the more enjoyable things until after.

Try to view it as a reward system. In turn the work itself becomes a motivator.
    Like when you were small, eat all your carrots and you get a cookie.

During busy times, I write a list on my desk of things I keep putting off. I make it my goal to address each one and cross them off as I go. It becomes tangible and something I can see. It works for me.

Had a meeting yesterday with the couple people in my department and we discussed things/clients. I took on a couple things to do on my own and the boss let me. Excited to show that I am an asset!
    Terrific! Just watch out for over-committing while you're still trying to get your regular work up to par.

Just wanted to check in. Since my final warning, I have stepped up my work commitment, and having very much improved my overall work ethic. I have been given additional responsibilities and have completely taken over my department, as was originally intended. I have my annual review in July and they I can always improve, my immediate superior and the senior partner gave me overall good reviews, with a raise. They are happy with me and continue giving me good feedback. This week, for example, my superior (the business admin) is at a conference and we needed to get something done quickly that she usually does. Senior partner asked me to do it instead, I was scared but did the thing anyway, and the admin decided that she trusted me enough to allow me to continue doing this particular thing from now on (with her reviewing the paperwork before it is finalized). This is a thing that she is very particular with, as it involves legal, binding language, so for her to relinquish it to me is a fairly big deal.

Feeling good.

Feeling good.
    Ata Girl :)

Excellent news! Thank you for thinking of us with an update.

I want people to know that even when you feel dread in the pit of your stomach every day going to work, when you know it's your fault, and you know you can do better.... as long as you are transparent with your supervisors/managers, and you show them through actions that you are committed to your job, things will get better. Have hope!

Very well done on turning your work situation around @WithLove

I know how difficult it can be, and you seemed to have approached it with a great attitude! Bravo!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice