Ex watches all my stories

AnonymousQ

My Ex gf broke up with me very sudden and out of the blue....I begged and pleaded on and off for 3 weeks. She blocked me on all my social media week 2 of the break up. On week 3 she grabbed all her things gave me this huge long hug and was very emotional. I started No contact that day. One week after no contact she unblocked me on everything and started to view ALL my IG stories. (We do not follow each other anymore). 2 weeks of her viewing and not saying anything to me I put my account on private so she can no longer view my stories or post. I took my account off private after 2 weeks because I was like you know what. I want her to see that I’m doing good and what not. Literally hours after putting my profile public she was viewing again and has seen everything the past few days. I don’t post like crazy. 1 and day of that. Currently going on 6 weeks no contact and 9 weeks post break up. Any thoughts on why now she is wanting to see my every move? 2 weeks ago she texted me happy birthday but I know that is nothing

This, like the happy birthday, is basically "nothing" as well. You guys were together, now you're not. That's the big thing here. Just because people end relationships doesn't mean they stop being curious about the other person, and social media allows us to indulge that curiosity. It's pretty lame and unhealthy, but, alas it's 2019 and here we are.

Time to just live you life, for real. Right now you're playing a game with her, and using social media for that. Doesn't change anything, you know? Story views do not magically materialize into reconciliation—no, they are just story views. So the question becomes: what do you want your story to be? Do you want to be a guy posting stuff on social media to see if your ex views it? Or do you want to be a guy living his life, for real?

Here is my reply.. So what.. she is an X which means, it no longer matters what she does. If she wanted to be with you, she would be with you right now. Since she is not with you, she doesnt want to be with you. You are looking for hints and signs.. quit it.

She is wanting to see your every move to fill in any void left by your being no longer there until she weans herself off you completely and because right now she is still getting over you. Once she is sure that she has met someone she deems better than you, all that nonsense will stop.

You need to set your profile in private again and keep it that way. You have nothing to prove to her and monitoring her activity on your IG is keeping you stuck and delaying your healing process. Monitoring her social media activities can seriously keep you from moving on. Do NOT underestimate the damage this can do to your healing. Block and delete her from everything and if you can't, find a way to refrain from monitoring her. Monitoring/ stalking her on the Web is as harmful as breaking nc. It IS a form of breaking nc. No contact = no news from them from any source.

Dude, the social media game post breakup is NOT worth it. A younger me played it in the past and guess what? All it did was keep me hooked and obsessed on proving my worth to a person who walked out of my life.

Will you possibly make her feel bad by appearing to be over the relationship? Maybe. It won't make her come back, though. It won't change what was inherently wrong with your compatibility as partners either.

Ask yourself if six months from now you want to be where you are now. You will be if you keep this up, and she may just decide to stop looking at some point (which will cause you to spiral and feel even worse).

I have to echo the sentiments here: stop reading into social media.

Look, I'll be completely honest: I like to view what my ex is doing on social media. (Granted, I never look at his stories because I do feel like that looks a little odd to the other party, but at the same time I don't think it would be all that meaningful or incriminating if I did). We had a tough breakup after 4 years together but eventually made amends as friends and stayed loosely in touch after, so our occasional social media interactions aren't that big a deal. I am happily married and have a one month old daughter and my viewing of my exes stuff means absolutely nothing outside of curiosity about how he and his family (whom I had grown to love as my own while we were dating), are doing.

While no one can say why your ex is doing any of this, you need to focus on the main crucial point: this is an ex. The relationship is over, and reading into anything she does in the wake of it is a bad idea. If she writes you directly and says she misses you and wants to get back together, that's the moment to think there's something there. Otherwise you're just making your own moving on process a lot more complicated.

Archived