Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My crush rejected me, but I have suspicions that he is chatting with my sister?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by katyfran45
    I honestly am not worried that he rejected me. I really don't care. Through this whole thing, it has made me realize that he isn't a good person. It honestly just makes me hurt that my sister would develop a relationship with him. It is like backstabbing. I am afraid that if I ask her about this AGAIN, there will be resentment and we already have problems with each other enough. Maybe I should just pretend that they aren't really talking....
    You're misleading yourself. There are one of two things going on (maybe both):

If you didn't care about brian or that he rejected you, why would you care that your sister might be talking to him? Maybe they will be friends for a little bit. Maybe they like each other and are a good match. Maybe they'll get married! Who knows? If you didn't care, you wouldn't care about any of this.

Door number 2 is that you are resentful of your sister in general, and this is yet another thing to be irritated with her about. What are the problems with each other you already have? Where did those problems come from? It's probably not brian. If you want a good relationship with your sister you might need to explore a little deeper here.

And yeah, how old are you? The whole thing sounds pretty immature. If you had just asked Brian out long ago then you wouldn't be in this situation at all.

Should I just go ahead and block him on instagram and forget about him completely? If he actually doesn't care about me as a friend like I suspect, then it shouldn't cause any problems. Right?

Should I just go ahead and block him on instagram and forget about him completely? If he actually doesn't care about me as a friend like I suspect, then it shouldn't cause any problems. Right?
    Great idea

Yes. She knew about him. She met him when she came to help my mom and I move our brother into his dorm room. She knew that I had a crush on him the whole time I was in college and up until now. She was the one who suddenly sent him a message last week telling him that I had a crush on him. I did not tell her to do that. He knew that I had a crush on him because my brother told him when they were roommates, but he was too afraid to reject me up until now. Since she texted him that night, i am suspecting they have been talking nonstop.
    How does all your family (ok, at least your brother and sister) know that you have this crush for a guy you barely know nor talk with one on one and to the point of going out of their ways to tell him you have a crush on him? Where are the boundaries either from you or from them? I'd be more upset that these people in your family are telling a guy you barely know you have a crush on him (which would make most guys think you're childish) than the fact that your sister is talking to a crush you never had some sort of relationship or involvement with. As said in the other thread, let it go.

Well, your sister was a bit devious if she did in fact take the opportunity to contact him out of interest and used you as an excuse to do so.

But again, you have to pick your battles. Is it worth it? You can rage and cause a huge upset with your relationship with her and blame her, or you can look the other way.

Is it very disappointing and hurtful? Yes, definitely. But it really is up to you what you do with it now.

I would forget him completely, yes.

It's time to start dating and try to find a real bf. Stop having "crushes" and pretending you own them. Yes, that's unhealthy. It's also time to stop the sibling rivalry and focus on your own friends, activities, interests, schoolwork, sports, hobbies, etc. try to play detective regarding your sisters social media activity and getting jealous about everything and everyone is not healthy either. Ask your parents to take you to a therapist to b get to the bottom of these unhealthy thoughts and activities before it get out of control.

Yep. And keep your eyes on your own paper and nurture your relationship with your sister. No guy is worth sabotaging that for, so leave the guy out of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice