Things to Dream, Goals to Accomplish

WannaTaco

I wrote my dreams and goals, and started reading them aloud to myself everyday to remind myself what I am working hard towards. I don't like sharing my dreams to people much because I don't want them to pass judgment, but what is the harm expressing it here with strangers. It's not easy for me, but I won't give up.

->I will explore the world and experience what it has to offer

->I will learn as many languages as I can

->I will perform in front of thousands who come to see me do what I love

->I will find love and may it make my heart flutter for years to come

->I will work hard to be kind everyday of my life

->I will make my parents proud

->I will work hard to one day be able to take care of my family

->I will do my best to not let negativity consume me or my life

->I will work hard to better my skills and also not be afraid to try potential ones

->I will learn to play an instrument and not give it up

I find reading them out loud helps a little to start my day on a positive note.

Great job. I'd change "I will [do something]" to "I AM [doing something]..."

Otherwise, "I will..." always keeps the act in your future rather than making it attainable. So affirming that you ARE doing these things brings the actions into the present and states your commitment to doing them rather than just thinking about them for 'someday'.

I'd also remove the phrase "work hard" from any affirmation. That sets the task up as difficult, when it doesn't need to be. Train your brain to view your goals as enjoyable rather than difficult.

WOW!! You guys are truly helpful on seeing things in a different perspective! This list is never meant to be concrete, there is always room for improvement and things to add on. I am going to start prioritizing myself, it will be a process but I am willing to do for my own mental health. You guys have taught me a lot in just a few replies, I still have a lot to learn and I am glad you guys are here to open my mind to that! Thank you!

WOW!! You guys are truly helpful on seeing things in a different perspective! This list is never meant to be concrete, there is always room for improvement and things to add on. I am going to start prioritizing myself, it will be a process but I am willing to do for my own mental health. You guys have taught me a lot in just a few replies, I still have a lot to learn and I am glad you guys are here to open my mind to that! Thank you!

You're welcome. If you're interested in using spoken affirmations as you fall asleep, YouTube has a series of meditations from a therapist under the name of 'Dauchsey'. They are free.

Making lists seems like more of a chore to me than doing things. In fact that it is even on a list seems to make it a chore. For example have you ever heard of someone putting "have a beer and a great time with friends" on some sort of list? No, of course not. It's usually a to-do list, which in itself mentally makes it seem like a chore.

Archived