LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phone number given on online dating site

Phone number given on online dating site

This person i have been talking to for just a few sentences and he replied briefly 2 words reply. His profile mentions " Any non-fake profile here?"
    He asked to contact via Whatsapp which obviously would need telephone number from me given to him. I am a bit reluctant but still think that his profile looks like ticking my boxes .
    Would there be any danger in giving out the phone number at this stage?
    Anyone has experience this please share . Thanks

Instead of chatting on a messaging app, message on the site and only talk about meeting. Asking for whatsapp number could be red flag. Why bother communicating with someone who won't communicate anything but one word answers. He sounds very burned out and unsuccessful at dating. Stop falling in love with photos and checklists.

A bitter, angry, jaded comment like that is your big clue to stay away from this guy.

What's going on with you OP? Your picker seems to be badly broken. Maybe take a little break and figure out why you can't see blatant red flags?

Originally Posted by DancingFool
    A bitter, angry, jaded comment like that is your big clue to stay away from this guy.

What's going on with you OP? Your picker seems to be badly broken. Maybe take a little break and figure out why you can't see blatant red flags?
    I know i am currently feel a bit fed up and tired with dating .......

I agree with DancingFool, his statement on his profile is a no no. Or people who write: "if you want to know more about me swipe right", "don't swipe right if you are not willing to go out with me" and guys with pictures from Matsu Picchu 😂. I know weird, but if I had a dime for every profile with Matsu Picchu in it, I'd be competing Bill Gates.

I'd advise to not give him your phone number so soon. He will try to convince you otherwise by saying things like "I don't use the app often" and s*t like that. So be careful not to fall for that.

Don't reply and block. Yes, it's underhanded and passive aggressive. A potential date should also be calling you, not asking for your number for Whatsapp. His game is poor. Do not play.

Any step by step on online dating? now i'm really tired and have no idea what i am doing.
    Firstly : like the pictures
    Secondly : check out the profile
    Thirdly ..... etc... etc....

Originally Posted by zzzz74032343
    Any step by step on online dating? now i'm really tired and have no idea what i am doing.
    Firstly : like the pictures
    Secondly : check out the profile
    Thirdly ..... etc... etc....
    First - stop dating as a coping mechanism.
    Second - stop dating out of desperation.
    Third - stop dating out of need.
    Fourth - stop dating without a plan.

Originally Posted by figureitout23
    First - stop dating as a coping mechanism.
    Second - stop dating out of desperation.
    Third - stop dating out of need.
    Fourth - stop dating without a plan.
    This.

I'm not sure if this resonates, but I really hope it does. The fact that you are coming here and asking strangers to hold you hand during nearly every step of every foray into connection is not the best of signs. It speaks to a kind of instability that, I think, you're hoping dating will fix. It won't. It will just add to it until you get it in check, on your own.

Because if you think all this is challenging? Well, try being in a relationship with someone you really care about, are really vulnerable with, someone who can really hurt you. To navigate all that you need to have a strong core, an inner-anchor. Right now I think you're swiping around looking for that anchor and just drifting further out to sea in the process.

I agree with others.......find someone with a better attitude who can write out full sentences.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice