Dating advice

zzzz74032343

I find myself missing the shy guy i used to date. It was 2 years ago when i dated him but we only met 5 times during 12 months period as he was very busy with his work. We did text most of the time so it was more like a text messaging relationship for us. The very last time i texted him and told him that i loved him. He later texted me that he was sorry as he did not mean to hurt me. so i replied that we could be friend and we never texted each other again and it has been about 2-3 months now.

I would love to find out how he is doing at least we could still be friend?

I'm not sure this is a good idea. At heart, you seem lonely and are seeking a romantic partner (from your other thread). Using an old romantic partner for a different purpose, friendship, makes no sense. Try meeting new people locally who are emotionally and logistically available (willing to meet).

I'm not sure this is a good idea. At heart, you seem lonely and are seeking a romantic partner (from your other thread). Using an old romantic partner for a different purpose, friendship, makes no sense. Try meeting new people locally who are emotionally and logistically available (willing to meet).

do you think i should just forget about him? no contact at all?

It's up to you. I don't think it's a good idea to contact him as you don't seem to be looking for friendship. Try meeting other people. Is this difficult where you are?

I think i miss him and still have some hope. Maybe that's the reason why it is so hard to like other people. I was trying to see if there is still hope with him as we didn't have any closure etc...

I was the one who said we should be friend after he said sorry etc.... and i am unsure if he felt like i dumped him as he then has been on the silent mode and so was I. The whole thing was just unclear...

I see what you mean. If that's the case, I don't think you have anything to lose. It's not very nice wondering about it. Be prepared if he doesn't answer or if he is confused or if he's just not available (not all with it or even into you if you do meet again). There are a lot of reasons not to contact him and only one reason to: for closure and answers so make sure you tick off and get what you need. When you're done, let him go for good if that's the way it has to be.

I see what you mean. If that's the case, I don't think you have anything to lose. It's not very nice wondering about it. Be prepared if he doesn't answer or if he is confused or if he's just not available (not all with it or even into you if you do meet again). There are a lot of reasons not to contact him and only one reason to: for closure and answers so make sure you tick off and get what you need. When you're done, let him go for good if that's the way it has to be.

He is friends with all of his exes and he is a nice guy so i dont mind also being friends on the same earth planet . At least we once used to care about each other so much.

Everything comes full circle. A possible friendship out of this might give you closure but eventually if you are opening yourself up to a romantic relationship with someone else, you'll eventually need to let go of friends like this. They won't have any place in real time when you're in a committed relationship. If this is what you need right now, that's ok. You need room to explore that. See how it goes.

I find myself missing the shy guy i used to date. It was 2 years ago when i dated him but we only met 5 times during 12 months period as he was very busy with his work. We did text most of the time so it was more like a text messaging relationship for us. The very last time i texted him and told him that i loved him. He later texted me that he was sorry as he did not mean to hurt me. so i replied that we could be friend and we never texted each other again and it has been about 2-3 months now.

I would love to find out how he is doing at least we could still be friend?

zzzz, you've got five threads currently running since June 3rd, all entitled "Dating Issues."

Can't speak for others, but this is very confusing, and am having trouble differentiating them.

May I ask why they're all entitled the same thing, "Dating Issues"?

Again can't speak for others, but it would be easier if you titled them differently depending on what the issue is.

Or perhaps combine all into one thread, sort of like a journal discussing all the dating issues you're currently experiencing.

Just a thought.

He is friends with all of his exes and he is a nice guy so i dont mind also being friends on the same earth planet . At least we once used to care about each other so much.

If he cared about you, he would have made an effort to see you. He asked you for sex on the 3rd date -you declined- and he was back on the dating sites. It does not sound like there was much caring, but that he was looking for sex.

You have invested too much into someone that was not into you.

Actually "Dating Advice".

And yes, I agree it's confusing.

Oops yeah, you're right bolt. Five threads, they are all entitled "Dating Advice."

Don't quite get it and recommend they be combined into one and moved to journal section.

That way we can follow all your various dating issues without jumping back and forth between threads.

Just a thought.

Archived