Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How should I read this

You sound like her dad..I'm sorry, but you do.

This isn't going to fly...you're right, you do come across as an old man and it will be more than weird for you to be hanging around a 20 something as I am guessing by the way you type, you're in your late 40's early 50's.

She could be your daughter for goodness sake.

She's also a co worker and a man of your age should know better than to mix work and dating..it does not work.

Honestly, this whole thing sounds like a fantasy and not a good one.

Let it go, she's a little girl in comparison to you...pinky promise?? good lord, only little girls do that, not grown women.

Platinum Member
    I meant, how would your kids feel about their dad dating someone their own age.

Yeah all good, points. I know and if you read my post other reply I'm not going to do anything. It wouldn't be right, I know that. Just going to enjoy the friendship.

How would my girls feel, if I'm honest I don;t know. They know how I suffered when I lost my wife and want me to make new friends and get a social life again and these feeling were certainly not planned, I don't want them but they are here.

It's just I have this feeling I can't get rid of and wanted to get it off me chest, try and see it from another perspective. Not sure it has to be honest :-)

I can't help my feeling and as for flirting with me, not sure, to actually but me a ticket and her invite me to do numerous things, I actually said to her one "I hate getting old", her instant reply was "Well don't get older then!" which I thought was a excellent answer. She also said to me once that she would not ask or say she'd do something if she didn't want to do it. She wouldn't say yes just not to hurt peoples feelings.

But hey at the end of the day you can only go on what I write, you don't see us, how we get, on the laugh we have. It's not creepy or perverse. I am not going to go further but as I say needed to put it out there to see if it would help with these "stupid feelings"

It's time to get out there and start dating again. They are being friendly. But you need to pursue your own personal and social life.
    Originally Posted by Beachdrifter
    I am widowed and yes i do have 2 daughters. I am older than 40

Beachdrifter, have you considered trying out a dating site and see if you can connect with a woman your age?

It does sound as though you are ready to date but this young girl isn't the best option for many reasons.

But you sound like a reasonable man and a nice man. There's no reason why you shouldn't be dating. But it would make a thousand times more sense to try to date a woman your own age.

You would be more comfortable with it, as I am sure your daughters would be and it would just be a much better situation.

Maybe make a profile and go from there?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice