Does my coworker like me?

LillyBella224

There’s a guy at my work (M19) and I (F21) really am crushing on him. He always teases me and he doesn’t do this with anyone else. He also always stares at me and smile and I do the same. I can’t tell if he likes me or not, and I’m wondering if he’s not made the move yet because I am an older girl and he doesn’t know if i’d go there. Please someone help? I really like this guy but because we work together I don’t want to message him or make it too obvious. Plus I’m not sure if he likes me back. I’ve heard his friends tease him about me too. What do I do? I know people say dating coworkers isn’t a good idea but i’d just like to know if he likes me or not

Be friendly and professional at work. It's ok to have crushes but work places are not singles clubs or dating sites. Try not to misinterpret flirting or goofing around. He may not want to date you for any number of reasons including being coworkers or having a gf. Date outside of work.

I’m wondering if he’s not made the move yet because I am an older girl and he doesn’t know if i’d go there.

Do you want him to like you? Even if he does he's not asking you out because he may not date coworkers and probably only likes you as a friend. He's too young for you. Get on some dating apps and get out more with your friends. Meet guys who are closer to your maturity level.

he told me he’s single. I’m just confused as i’m not sure if he likes me or not.

I do want him to like me because I like him. Idk why I even like him, i’ve never liked someone younger before. It’s hard to tell because he spends all day teasing me and no one else but maybe I’m thinking too much into it. I hate dating apps also. Maybe it’s just cos I spend all day with this guy and it’s just a small crush i’ll get over

I do want him to like me because I like him. Idk why I even like him, i’ve never liked someone younger before. It’s hard to tell because he spends all day teasing me and no one else but maybe I’m thinking too much into it. I hate dating apps also. Maybe it’s just cos I spend all day with this guy and it’s just a small crush i’ll get over

A two year difference is not a big deal. Also, I've seen people date and get married at work without an issue. The biggest issue people face is dating, the relationship not working out, and then having to see that person every day at work. Even worse is when they move on and seem to have a good relationship with someone else. So those are the rewards and risks of dating at work, it's up to you what you want to do here.

Yeah it feels like he’s my age anyway. I forget he’s younger, I don’t think us being coworkers is the reason why he hasn’t made a move I think it’s just the fact he doesn’t want me to reject him, then see me everyday at work because that is awkward. Either that or it’s because I’m older so he thinks I will reject him. Maybe I should just try make it more clear I like him but i’m terrible at flirting so idk how to do this lol... or he’s just teasing me at work cos he’s bored but his friends literally tease him when i’m about so

My first boyfriend was two years younger than me. I think you may be feeling a bit of a challenge because he's not as forward or seems an enigma to you. The only way to go about this if you feel that much of a magnetic attraction is to simply spend more time with each other. One of you has to make the first move. If you're both uncomfortable doing so, I don't expect much will come of this. I don't agree with dating in the work place but others have made it work. I value my career too much to put it on the line and it'd be very unprofessional in my position. It's a negative sign that his friends tease him when you're around - this only tells me that you're not being taken seriously at work or as a potential date (too immature of a crowd). I think you could be putting your work/career in jeopardy. If this is part time/casual work, it might not be so important right now. I hope it works out for you.

It’s just a job to sort of get me by it’s not like a career i want to persue for the rest of my life. I’m actually looking for another job anyway. His friends basically said I was his type and he was looking for a gf stuff and that’s what they were teasing him about when I was there. I’m just confused and I don’t see either of us making a move unless one of us leaves the job and I end up messaging him or he messages me but I don’t know

Maybe spend some time thinking about why you like him first? It's possible that you think you like him just because you know he likes you.

I'd let this be what it is. Remember that when we date, we eventually do need some semblance of an adult to date, not a child. Let things unfold naturally. There's a reason this will not come to anything if it does not. Be at peace that way. I wouldn't have unrealistic expectations of someone who isn't fundamentally compatible with you.

It flows a lot easier when you're a good match.

It’s just a job to sort of get me by it’s not like a career i want to persue for the rest of my life. I’m actually looking for another job anyway. His friends basically said I was his type and he was looking for a gf stuff and that’s what they were teasing him about when I was there. I’m just confused and I don’t see either of us making a move unless one of us leaves the job and I end up messaging him or he messages me but I don’t know

And how do you know about this? Is there someone who could be a go-between that can be used to play match maker (find out why he hasn't made a move)?

Archived