LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't build up this friendship

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Get involved in some social activity that doesn't involve heavy drinking. Take some local or online courses/classes. Join some groups and clubs that focus on healthy activity.
    I have an account at meetup.com but end up getting anxiety and getting off the website.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by MMPR
    I have an account at meetup.com but end up getting anxiety and getting off the website.
    If you have such anxiety from simply looking at a website, perhaps professional help is in order?

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    If you have such anxiety from simply looking at a website, perhaps professional help is in order?
    I have, they did not want me back because I could not open up. When I was at the hospital a few years ago for things I wont get into they thought I had to see a psychiatrist RIGHT NOW instead of being on a waiting list, So I did and first meeting was with 3 different people all at the same time.

Decided to try out dating apps, it's actually being going pretty well and I actually got a date for the first time in my life, but she cancelled because she could not sleep and headache plus work. Had 1 last night we text back and fourth for 3 hours and it was great, then she unmatched me.

Platinum Member
    I have, they did not want me back because I could not open up. When I was at the hospital a few years ago for things I wont get into they thought I had to see a psychiatrist RIGHT NOW instead of being on a waiting list, So I did and first meeting was with 3 different people all at the same time.

Decided to try out dating apps, it's actually being going pretty well and I actually got a date for the first time in my life, but she cancelled because she could not sleep and headache plus work. Had 1 last night we text back and fourth for 3 hours and it was great, then she unmatched me.
    If you go to a therapist and you refuse to say two words - they aren't going to be able to help you. It shows that you don't really want the help.
    You have to want the help

If you go to a therapist and you refuse to say two words - they aren't going to be able to help you. It shows that you don't really want the help.
    You have to want the help
    I was talking, but I just could not open up about my feelings.

Bronze Member

Why are you not able to open up? What is keeping you from being honest?

Originally Posted by loyal
    Why are you not able to open up? What is keeping you from being honest?
    It's just not me, being open. I just don't feel right, it feels stupid and I feel too awkward and quite frankly deep down I feel good being miserable and it's really addictive. It feels toxic like I am being poisoned but it feels good to know I am **** and my mind breaks into a million pieces of all sorts of feelings. I'm not a good person, I do good things for people for unselfish reasons all the time so they are happy but I am never going to be happy. There is a HUGE war that goes on inside my head that makes me feel like I am going nuclear and it leads me going to places in my mind I rather not talk about here.

Platinum Member
    It's just not me, being open. I just don't feel right, it feels stupid and I feel too awkward and quite frankly deep down I feel good being miserable and it's really addictive. It feels toxic like I am being poisoned but it feels good to know I am **** and my mind breaks into a million pieces of all sorts of feelings. I'm not a good person, I do good things for people for unselfish reasons all the time so they are happy but I am never going to be happy. There is a HUGE war that goes on inside my head that makes me feel like I am going nuclear and it leads me going to places in my mind I rather not talk about here.
    So if you went to a foot doctor, you would not tell them your arch was killing you? You would just sit there and waste their time and ask them to guess what was bothering you?

Ok, then be miserable. And don't involve others if you are not willing to get help. Don't try to date anyone. I think your misery is a bit attention seeking because if you were really happy being miserable, you would not have posted.

Ok, then be miserable. And don't involve others if you are not willing to get help. Don't try to date anyone. I think your misery is a bit attention seeking because if you were really happy being miserable, you would not have posted.
    Come on ABB, tell us how you really feel!

So if you went to a foot doctor, you would not tell them your arch was killing you? You would just sit there and waste their time and ask them to guess what was bothering you?

That's nice dear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice