[Need Advises]I've stopped texting the girl I met online

WallaceNg

So...I met a girl online.

Although our age gap is kinda big, our conversations were great and she kept texting me initiatively throughout the day.

We had been texting for 4 and a half month, until yesterday I told her that I felt like she doesn't take our dating seriously and each time I asked her out intermittently, she said she was busy with her studying and need to attend tutorial classes, stuff like that, but not giving another suggestion of time and date.

So basically I told her we were done because I cant take it anymore.

After that, I removed her on my Instagram and stopped texting her.

Till now, I don't receive and responses from her again.

I am a little bit sad because its too bad that she is a great girl and we texted for more than 4 month but still ended up like this. I feel like all of my efforts have gone to vain.

Well, it sounds like you did after four months what, in the future, I'd encourage you to do after a week or two.

If the point of "meeting" someone online is to meet in person and see about the prospect of dating—well, make that the only point. So if someone starts to hedge when you bring up meeting up—all good, but just a sign to move on, not to have another rounds of digital life talks, joke telling, and selfie sharing with the hopes that it'll lead to meeting up.

The only reason to text someone for weeks or months is if...you want someone to text with for weeks or months. And, hey, all good. People do that. But it sounds like that's not something that interests you, so just be firmer about that, to yourself, moving forward so you don't find yourself as bummed out as you are right now.

Wait—what?

Yea... read some of his other posts, apparently sugar babies are his thing.

Honestly OP looking back at your other posts it’s apparent that the girls you are choosing to date are after you for your money... and it’s a lil disturbing that you keep choosing girls that are barely into adulthood (some not even)...maybe try finding someone that is closer to your age and life circumstances where you can be an equal.

OP, how old is this girl?

Also, texting is not dating. Of course nobody is going to take your "dating" seriously when all you're doing is exchanging messages and have never met the person. You need to learn to take a hint when someone is not interested, as this girl clearly was not.

When someone refuses to meet after 4 months, they are not who they say they are. This may have been a scammer, catfish or possibly an undercover agent looking to catch pedophiles. You would be smart to clear out all your devices of underage "dating" contacts. Get therapy if you continue to feel tempted to contact what you believe are underage girls (but may be cops or catfish)

We had been texting for 4 and a half month, until yesterday I told her that I felt like she doesn't take our dating seriously and each time I asked her out intermittently, she said she was busy with her studying and need to attend tutorial classes, stuff like that, but not giving another suggestion of time and date..

Didn't read any previous post OP has made. However, I think underage or not, talking to someone online for four months and not meeting is probably a bit of a waste of time. I think if that person keeps making excuses then they obviously don't have any intention of actually meeting in person. I never messaged anyone any more than 2-3 weeks when I did online dating.

So basically I told her we were done because I cant take it anymore.

After that, I removed her on my Instagram and stopped texting her.

Till now, I don't receive and responses from her again.

So what exactly did you expect? You told her you were done and removed her from Instagram but yet you somehow expect her to continue texting you or something?

Also, I hate to say it, but she really didn't seem even remotely interested in you in the first place. You come across and overly pushy and she clearly didn't like it.

You said you were done, so move on. She clearly has.

(Hopefully this wasn't yet another teenager).

Archived