LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ex’s engagement party at our joint work

Platinum Member
    Don't go to the party. Don't penalize the friends that do.

Platinum Member
    Stay out if it entirely. He's not your rodeo anymore. I agree with others, look for a new job elsewhere. Get a fresh start away from the current drama.

I'd schedule a day off rather than work during the party if it's not off in a rented room, but I wouldn't fault anyone who attends. We don't get to rule the social lives of others 'around' our breakups.

Head high.

Silver Member
    It's time for you to move on. He has had this relationship for a year. Wish him well and look forward.

Don't hate him, don't love him. Don't feel anything toward him. If you do, you are letting him control your emotions. He told people he was using you. People will tell us who they really are...it is up to us to believe them.

If the girlfriend/fiancť feels she need to interrupt, let her. Say hello and excuse yourself. She will get tired of trying to get a reaction out of you when she sees that her tactic isn't working. And other people will get tired of hearing about it from her.

As for working the night of the party: it is your job. You have to do it. And don't hold it against your friends--that is immature. Chances are they will talk to you all night anyway. It might actually be nice to have them there to take your mind off of things!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice