LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Onward.

Originally Posted by WithLove
    We looked for the shirataki noodles at two different stores so far without luck. :(
    Amazon has them

They are called "tofu noodles" for the brand that Fudgie recommended, and that's not what they are! D:

[Register to see the link]

Heres' a link. Let's see if it works. I found them on amazon. If it's not tofu, what is it?

I dont know if these are the same, but I think they are simiar. I found them at costco and they are25 calories a serving and made from soy. They come in liquid pkgs and up til now I've used them a couple times for ramen type dishes.
    I just finished eating a shrimp scampi style style dish (per fudgies pasta suggestions) that only took a few minutes and was delicious!!

I'll have to check Sam's Club! Our local Costco isn't very close, and Sam's is just a few blocks away.

I'm tired, so tired. Been working so much overtime lately, my job is SO SHORT STAFFED and my job has me down. I'm burnt out in a bad way but cannot yet look for jobs elsewhere because I'm stuck here by a word of mouth, not paper, contract til mid/late summer. If this burnout continues, I am going to try and get out and be honest with my boss. But I will try to pull through.

My life has become more insular and isolated too. I read a lot more now. My parents are getting concerned because they know I'm not dating and they don't know why I'm not even trying. I don't have answers for them.

Still, I soldier on.

Can you reach out to anyone via text or messenger? Just so you can connect with someone?

Work has been so busy I don't have any downtime to do anything. I can barely sit down. When I come home, I eat something and pass out.

It wasn't like this when I was hired and for the first 10.months or so, it was great. Now we've had people leave and it sucks. I need the extra money right now but at some point I'm just going to stop picking up extra time.

I reached out to my manager to initiate a conversation about me starting a different job contract so I can work weekends. This woild allow me to better group my shifts together. I also would be paid significantly more, to the tune of at least $5 more an hour. The only "downside" is that I would work weekends. But it's not like I do anything on weekends really.

I really think I need this for better regularity and work life balance. We'll see what she says but I'm hoping for a yes at some point.

I don't dread going to work but I'm at the point where it's really depressing (I can't really go into major details but loads of deaths, difficult families, futile situations, etc.) and I just want to group my s__t together so I don't have to deal with this more than I have to.
    I feel a little guilty but not taking more initiative (outside of working a s__t ton of overtime) because outside of working a lot of extra hours, I haven't asked to take new people under my wing and I don't join committees. and I keep getting invited to social events at my work but I keep declining, citing family obligations. Everyone thinks I take care of my sister, haha, which is a lie. But I don't have the courage to be honest which is this: I don't want to spend a drop of unpaid time with any of these people. Sorry but life is short and I have other things to do.

The way I see it, I want to be back in school soon and I'll be working on that and toward my eventual exit.

I'm lucky that I work in a field that is SO SHORT that they can't really get rid of me. I'm sure some folks woild hope that I would change. Well, tough nuts.

Recently, I went through some of my old threads. I've come a long way but I am so different now. I guess my priorities are largely the same but I'm definitely solidly in "no relationship, please leave me alone" mode. I feel like I can't really relate to what I was saying in the past. I sought genuine connection, unconditional love, and validation, I think, from relationships. Now I don't feel that anymore, maybe because I'm getting it from a non-romantic source. Despite my recent work woes, I do feel a lot better. I have no skim blemishes, I've lost over 10lb since the BU without even trying (and no, I didn't starve out of sadness! Just healthy eating), and I sleep rather well. My family is great.

I really like ENA and I want to be more active on here but part of me feels that I can't really be. I feel out of touch. I don't feel like I have any more advice or insight to give on any relationship matters anymore. I go on a few times a day, read threads, and 9/10 just walk away without advice.

The truth of the matter is that I'm doing pretty well for myself now. My life is rather predictable right now. It's not remotely interesting or really worth chronicling.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice