LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Onward.

Originally Posted by Fudgie

I made some sugar-free muffins. Okay, not completely sugar free but I used a special protein-packed flour that is lower in carb and bananas and dark chocolate. I added NO other sugar or sugar substitute. No butter even, just yogurt. The muffins came out very well and were not too sweet at all. Perfect with coffee. I ended up freezing them and eating them for breakfast over the course of 2 weeks or so.

Tonight I am going to make more. I bought more bananas and have been waiting all week for them to "Turn". The riper the banana, the more better the muffin. I don't use them until they are mostly brown! I just buy cheap bananas and put them aside and just let them sit.

Since starting WW, most of the carbs I used to eat (pasta, bread) are not worth the points. We use rice instead, or we use Joseph pita/flat wraps. Most of my points are spent on snacks. Over the weekend K made a creamy sauce with low fat beef, over rice. It was very carb-heavy, but it was a treat to be able to enjoy comfort food. I justify it by eating a low to no point dinner. I had leftovers of that for lunch today, and for dinner I'm having other leftovers of chicken with roasted cauliflower, mushrooms and green beans. Flavorful, but no points.

I'm 0.6 lbs away from a 10 lb loss. I sort of stopped tracking on my WW app for like 2 weeks, and ate some sweet things, and I was so scared that I gained everything back; but I weighed myself this morning and I actually lost 0.2 lbs from my last weigh in, lol. So it's giving me motivation to get back on track again.

I'm still freaking obsessed with shirataki noodles. I call it my pasta. I eat it with some Alfredo sauce (not the full fat kind, but still good) with chicken quite often. The more calorie laden part is the chicken!

I will never go back to regular pasta again. I use it as a case for lots of things, like curry chicken too!

You're doing so great!

I just told K about them. We're gonna try them! I just read up about them. They seem to have very few carbs and calories, which means they will be a good filler for us!

Originally Posted by WithLove
    I just told K about them. We're gonna try them! I just read up about them. They seem to have very few carbs and calories, which means they will be a good filler for us!
    Oh goodness, one package of these bad boys = 10 calories, no joke. They also have a lot of fiber too.

Here are some things to keep in mind though: Get the "House Foods" brand, NOT Nasoya. Nasoya is trash and it doesn't taste good.

You also can't eat them directly out of the package. You need to rinse them a few times, then place in a bowl with some water and then nuke them in the microwave for like 4 min. You can use the stovetop to boil them if you want but this isn't necessary, I just use the microwave. After you do that, rinse one more time, pat dry a bit to get the water out, and then they are ready to use.

I love, love, love these. I eat "pasta" almost every other day now. I use them as substitute for ramen as well.

While we're on the subject of food, wish I could find a way to make delicious quiche without it being absolutely loaded with things I shouldn't be eating often. :( A lady can dream, can't she?

K spend all evening making red beans for me to try, as I don't have much experience with beans! He put them over rice with low sodium bacon and they are delish, and only 5 points! The beans are free!

I love red beans. Haven't had them in a while. Paired with bacon, they sound fantastic!

Tonight I'm going to make a late dinner for myself. Sautéed spinach (need to use it before it goes bad), with low fat alfredo (I use a powder plus milk), and chicken and my "pasta" and then some extra spices just cause!

Only a couple more shifts and then I get some time off. I'm going to focus on doing fun autumn stuff.

We looked for the shirataki noodles at two different stores so far without luck. :(

Store 3 didn't have the noodles either!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice