Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Onward.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Happy 30th!
    Many people are happy in their 30ís. It was another hated decade for me. I canít say I ever really enjoyed my life until my 50ís.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Why was that?

I've decided I'm going to try for a lateral transfer at my job. I have to talk to my boss about it before I can even start making moves but I'm gonna do it.

I will talk to her tomorrow.

It's amazing how quickly things fall into my lap sometimes. I've found a "Well kept secret" in terms of a position that would suit me well. It's at a place that has not a great reputation (meaning, it's way less "prestigious" where I work now)...I'd work days, weekends only, but it's full time (3 days/week) and I'd be paid A LOT more than I am now, plus the work is a lot less stressful, a lot more desk work with some care mixed in. Definitely won't be doing the crap I'm doing now. It's perfect for me while I finish school. I don't give a crap about any prestige where I work anymore.

I told my manager and I started the transfer process. I'm keeping my mouth shut from coworkers and others otherwise because I do NOT want word getting out and I want this position for myself, don't want the competition - I want everyone to keep thinking it's a rotten, yucky place to work. Well, I've worked some there, enough to know that it's actually quite alright, but I'll let everyone else keep thinking otherwise. That's right, stay away.

I can't stand seeing what these doctors are doing to these patients. It makes me absolutely f__ng sick. I had a recent experience with a patient on the spectrum and I do not feel that the doctors were treating him safely or with any concern for his mental state as he woke up and I felt uncomfortable with the whole process. One particularly bad day, I had to choke back tears. It's the final straw for me. I'm done with this s__t.

Put in the transfer, I was told things are a "go", just have to wait and hear back when it's all confirmed. I am not dealing with the stress well, I have to say. I have approx 3 "stress pimples" and I am having trouble sleeping at night right now. I am eager to leave this horrifically depressing position and I am so eager to have an official "end date" so I can start my new, cushy, day-time position.

Working the holiday, not that I mind at all. I like the money.

Bought myself a Nintendo Switch recently and I love it. How does the saying go, "treat yo'self"?

Outside of the transfer stress, I'm enjoying my life overall. Eager for the new year.

The stress of the job transfer situation has taken such a physical toll on me that in addition to sprouting 3 pimples, my periods are becoming irregular. My weight has remained stable though. I saw my gyno the other day and no, no signs of PCOS, no cysts, no other symptoms, nothing. This is ALL stress in his opinion.

I'm thinking, maybe I am developing an underlying anxiety problem. I live alone and I am much more isolated now as a result. No one to bounce my thoughts off so I sit and stew/ruminate.

I don't want any sedating medication. I have tried mindfulness and whatnot. I know how to relax and when I do, it feels great. But sometimes those anxious thoughts really do take over.

I'm switching to my new job soon. Still single/not looking, reading a LOT more, and just enjoying my life as I can. I've decided to dial it back at work in that I won't pick overtime shifts now. School has started (mostly online) so I do that in my time off in addition to having LOADS of free time. And do I ever relish it.

Still seeing my family a lot including my cousin too. Finally got rid of some toxic people in my life which feels nice.

I kind of miss ENA but I definitely feel like my life has entered a new stage and non-family relationships aren't just on the back burner, they are off the stove completely. Time will tell if it's a bad thing or not but I've been doing this almost a year now and I'm feeling better and more calm than I have in a long time. Healthier too!

This COVID stuff is hitting me hard. It's in my city and the cases are growing. We already have full hospitals. I'm a healthcare worker at a high risk population.

I'm terrified. Not of getting it (I'm young, healthy) but what is going to happen? I am so anxious

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Fudgie
    This COVID stuff is hitting me hard. It's in my city and the cases are growing. We already have full hospitals. I'm a healthcare worker at a high risk population.

I'm terrified. Not of getting it (I'm young, healthy) but what is going to happen? I am so anxious
    I hear ya . I hear ya.

Hi Fudgie. Just want to pipe up here, I hope you aren't feeling too alone over there.
    My brother is a nurse and i can't help myself worrying about him. Especially with schools closed now, I don't want him mandated to work even more because people with kids are getting paid to stay home! That actually infuriates me. It's good they aren't out spreading kid germs but it's not fair either to others. He doesn't mind like me, because he's a freaking hero ( in my eyes) who'd elect to be where he can help others anyways. But he's so important to me. He's healthy but it bothers me, and it bothers me knowing what's going on with lack of supplies and testing. I'm sure you get it!!!

Sending support and gratitude from Canada. You health care workers are my heros. I mean that , even though I know you don't think of what you do that way.

I'm terrified. I'm essentially on lock down as the cases grow in my city. I cannot travel without reporting it to my work. I am both at high risk of contracting and also transmitting because of the nature of my job. I am terrified for my parents and now cannot see them because I can't risk a transmission. I am scared for my patients who are all immunocompromised and have respiratory problems and they will die if they get this.

There is talk of mandating overtime in my profession. I am already working 16h tomorrow.

I am breaking down.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice