Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213

Thread: Onward.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Happy 30th!
    Many people are happy in their 30ís. It was another hated decade for me. I canít say I ever really enjoyed my life until my 50ís.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Why was that?

I've decided I'm going to try for a lateral transfer at my job. I have to talk to my boss about it before I can even start making moves but I'm gonna do it.

I will talk to her tomorrow.

It's amazing how quickly things fall into my lap sometimes. I've found a "Well kept secret" in terms of a position that would suit me well. It's at a place that has not a great reputation (meaning, it's way less "prestigious" where I work now)...I'd work days, weekends only, but it's full time (3 days/week) and I'd be paid A LOT more than I am now, plus the work is a lot less stressful, a lot more desk work with some care mixed in. Definitely won't be doing the crap I'm doing now. It's perfect for me while I finish school. I don't give a crap about any prestige where I work anymore.

I told my manager and I started the transfer process. I'm keeping my mouth shut from coworkers and others otherwise because I do NOT want word getting out and I want this position for myself, don't want the competition - I want everyone to keep thinking it's a rotten, yucky place to work. Well, I've worked some there, enough to know that it's actually quite alright, but I'll let everyone else keep thinking otherwise. That's right, stay away.

I can't stand seeing what these doctors are doing to these patients. It makes me absolutely f__ng sick. I had a recent experience with a patient on the spectrum and I do not feel that the doctors were treating him safely or with any concern for his mental state as he woke up and I felt uncomfortable with the whole process. One particularly bad day, I had to choke back tears. It's the final straw for me. I'm done with this s__t.

Put in the transfer, I was told things are a "go", just have to wait and hear back when it's all confirmed. I am not dealing with the stress well, I have to say. I have approx 3 "stress pimples" and I am having trouble sleeping at night right now. I am eager to leave this horrifically depressing position and I am so eager to have an official "end date" so I can start my new, cushy, day-time position.

Working the holiday, not that I mind at all. I like the money.

Bought myself a Nintendo Switch recently and I love it. How does the saying go, "treat yo'self"?

Outside of the transfer stress, I'm enjoying my life overall. Eager for the new year.

The stress of the job transfer situation has taken such a physical toll on me that in addition to sprouting 3 pimples, my periods are becoming irregular. My weight has remained stable though. I saw my gyno the other day and no, no signs of PCOS, no cysts, no other symptoms, nothing. This is ALL stress in his opinion.

I'm thinking, maybe I am developing an underlying anxiety problem. I live alone and I am much more isolated now as a result. No one to bounce my thoughts off so I sit and stew/ruminate.

I don't want any sedating medication. I have tried mindfulness and whatnot. I know how to relax and when I do, it feels great. But sometimes those anxious thoughts really do take over.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213

Give Advice
Ask For Advice