My Aunt just died

She was my my momโ€™s brotherโ€™s wife. She cheated on my uncle with my dad and effectively destroyed our family and hers . My father was the major culprit and evil. She was a very abused child. She was also my momโ€™s best friend from the time they were 14 and 17 ( my mom) up until stuff happened with my dad 30 years ago.

I imagine the conflict is: grief for the loss of a family member, perhaps relief that her suffering is over (and maybe the end of suffering for family members who were affected by her drinking), maybe even anger at times for drinking herself to death.

ย 

Whatever you are feeling- it is all real. And it all may come and go in waves.

ย 

Honor and remember good things about her if you can. Light a candle for her spirit. Support yourself and family members.

ย 

Condolences to you and your family

I imagine the conflict is: grief for the loss of a family member, perhaps relief that her suffering is over (and maybe the end of suffering for family members who were affected by her drinking), maybe even anger at times for drinking herself to death.

ย 

Whatever you are feeling- it is all real. And it all may come and go in waves.

ย 

Honor and remember good things about her if you can. Light a candle for her spirit. Support yourself and family members.

ย 

Condolences to you and your family

It is sad. Tomorrow I have to tell my dad he doesnโ€™t know and he was with her for 15 years.

ย 

My mom is a mess as is her brother.

ย 

My Aunt was with another man the last 10 years but I never knew him.

Sorry for your loss Seraphim*

ย 

I too lost my best friend just 3 days ago at age 51. We tried to help for years but in the end he just didn't have the strength and the black dog eventually ran him down*

ย 

It's quite amazing how much the mind and body can take....until it doesn't. You've probably seen me write 'Stay off the alcohol' in many of my posts....

ย 

Be kind to yourself. Take good care*

ย 

((Hugs))

ย 

Carus*

Thanks everyone. I am trying to keep in mind the good person she was when I was a kid and the fact she is no longer in pain emotional or otherwise.

ย 

I just donโ€™t know how I am going to stomach telling my dad today. Visits with him are stressful enough without this . And I hate watching my mom who is so torn up and the fact that my uncle my momโ€™s brother is just devastated over a woman who tore a massive hole in his life and my momโ€™s and those of her children and her niece (me)and nephew ( my brother) . It just doesnโ€™t jive with the person that she was when I was a kid .

Seraphim, I am wishing you hope in the midst of sorrow and comfort in the midst of pain. Many blessings to you and your family!

ย 

ย 

I too lost my best friend just 3 days ago at age 51. We tried to help for years but in the end he just didn't have the strength and the black dog eventually ran him down*

ย 

I am also wishing you hope in the midst of sorrow and comfort in the midst of pain, Carus. Many blessings to you!

Archived