Does she like me?

BJN31

Hey Guys and Girls,

So about 2 months ago I started talking to a girl I met on tinder. Really good chat we got on really well. She is absolutely stunning and everything I want. She’s cute, funny and can hold a conversation.

We met up about 3 weeks ago for our first date. It went stupidly well. We laughed, flirted and she ended up staying at mine until late afternoon the next day. Date 2 - was a repeat. A few drinks, dinner and she ended up staying at mine. For our third date we’re going to a hotel and spa in London which I’m really looking forward too.

The reason for my message is that for some reason I’m really anxious about it all. I can’t quite work out if she likes me. I guess my confidence took a hit after my last relationship two years ago - my ex of 5 years cheated on me and left me for another guy. I can’t quite put my finger on it. I mean I’m batting way out of my league with this girl and I guess I’m just quite wary of getting hurt maybe hence the anxiety perhaps?

I think all the signs are there, second date when we woke up the next morning she leant over and kissed me. I’ve not had a feeling like that in a long time. I just feel sick to the stomach pretty much all day when I’m not seeing her. Does this all sound crazy?

Today we’ve shared a few messages but nothing of note I guess. She’s at a festival with her family for the whole weekend. But she hasn’t read my last message I sent a few hours back. She’s posted on Instagram but I’ve not heard from her this afternoon. I’m thinking I’m a 33 year old man for Heavens sake and I’m getting caught up on a few hours here and there when we’re not texting. Eurgh I just needed to talk to people I guess hence my message here ....

Thanks for reading guys and girls

The thing that jumped out at me the most here was the quip about you "batting way out of your league" with this woman. Wherever that comes from, until you understand it—and are confident in your own league—you're likely going to feel the way you do now in these situations because you're using dating as a gauge of your worth. That's basically a recipe for permanent anxiety.

I mean, two fun dates with a third on deck. You really can't ask for more.

I can't tell you how much she likes you—and, if she's sane, she doesn't know the answer to that right now herself—but it seems she likes you enough to go on another date. Great! Another chance to see how you both feel about the other, not just a chance for you to see if this out-of-your-league goddess (which she's not; she's just a woman) is into you. If you can see this—and dating in general—more through that lens it's a whole lot more fun.

Make sense?

Hi,

To me it looks like all is going well for you, if you do know she is with her family then let her spend time with them, maybe she only had time for a quick post, but didnt check her messages. I know where you are, things didnt work out before and you want it to be perfect this time, but dont stress about it. Just wait for her to text you back, I would definitely not send her the " are you okay", "why are you not responding?" messages. Wait for her to getback from the festival and best of luck to you both :)

It's men and women here mostly, by the way. Not "guys and girls". I couldn't help but see you classify yourself as a "man" (referring to yourself as a fully grown adult male) but you used "girl" (a half grown immature female) to refer to your date. You're not taking her seriously and I'm wondering if you're taking the dating world seriously.

If this is the third date in the row where your plans are for some sexual rendezvous, you might want to vary it up a little and start experiencing more as a couple outside the bedroom. This kind of relationship becomes stale very quickly.

It's going great. Don't let the past sabotage the future. Your ex's departure was a blessing and a flaw in her character, not yours.

We met up about 3 weeks ago for our first date. It went stupidly well. We laughed, flirted and she ended up staying at mine until late afternoon the next day. Date 2 - was a repeat. A few drinks, dinner and she ended up staying at mine. For our third date we’re going to a hotel and spa in London which I’m really looking forward too.

I guess my confidence took a hit after my last relationship two years ago - my ex of 5 years cheated on me and left me for another guy.

Archived