LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did she reject me?

Gold Member
    I have to think her resistance to date you is because she has other things going on that precludes a relationship...or a brand new relationship...which is her health and personal issues. You have had commentary from mutual friends and acquaintances that there are some personal issues going on with this woman. Let it go. She is not in a place to date. She does not want to take on a man who has to take on her issues. She doesn't have the capacity to care for someone else, someone new, when she needs to care for herself and also care for her existing family and friends and her professional life...the dynamics of juggling illness and not being a leech and accepting help and being the rock and not being needy...do you get the push-pull?

Let it go. The timing is not right. Maybe she would love to pursue a relationship with you, but her plate is full, and she certainly doesn't want to put the burden of her life on you, the brand new guy. She doesn't have the capacity and she doesn't want to hurt anyone or lead them on.

Be her friend when you see her. Later...down the road...maybe something can happen...maybe.

It's not the best foundation to start a relationship on, anyway. Allow time to pass and heal.

This woman defined any relationship between the two of you as a friendship long ago, and she hasn't said or done anything to change those terms. I'd skip pursuit and allow her to reach out if she ever wants to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice