LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: He Rejected Me - I Still Want Friendship

Platinum Member
    There is nothing you should have done different.
    If you had behaved differently you might have got another few months of nothingness and still end up where you are now.

He doesnít care for friendship , only fwbís.
    He did the right thing by walking away knowing you are incapable of either given your feelings for him.

Donít reach out. Stop the self torture. Reach out to friends instead.

OP, I don't mean for this to come out as harsh or nasty, but dare I say that when reading your posts it all comes across as major desperation and is quite cringy (sorry). After being rejected and saying you have learned that he is a player, a Romeo and also manipulative .... you still want to go ahead and throw yourself at his feet pleading friendship? Really? Trust me, this is exactly how it will come across to HIM, a desperate pathetic woman going after him. It's all very off-putting.

Please, keep your dignity in tact and just learn to accept that this one didn't work out and move on to someone who IS interested in you.

Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    You could contact him and see where it gets you. If he's receptive to a platonic friendship with you, then great. However, don't be surprised if he isn't interested, drifts apart and fades away. Hopefully, you can take a hint and get the message before he ghosts or blocks you. Tread lightly.
    I warned myself of this as well. This very thought made me second guess if I should even contact him.. but it wasn't until I saw him viewing my facebook story, that maybe I should just say hello. We got one life, I wont know until I ask.

Originally Posted by Gymgirl71
    He Sounds kind of manipulative and perhaps narcissistic..
    Not saying that he isn't manipulative. He definitely was and I was too lost into the fog of lust/ wanting him that I either dismissed it or didn't even notice at first. Now I see it. But you take the good with the bad. He was awesome to talk to. I don't even want to talk every day. Just a hey every now and again would be cool..

Platinum Member
    So you've already decided.

Originally Posted by Billie28
    There is nothing you should have done different.
    If you had behaved differently you might have got another few months of nothingness and still end up where you are now.

He doesnít care for friendship , only fwbís.
    He did the right thing by walking away knowing you are incapable of either given your feelings for him.

Donít reach out. Stop the self torture. Reach out to friends instead.

What makes you so sure of this? Is this coming from a male's perspective?

Originally Posted by Capricorn3
    OP, I don't mean for this to come out as harsh or nasty, but dare I say that when reading your posts it all comes across as major desperation and is quite cringy (sorry). After being rejected and saying you have learned that he is a player, a Romeo and also manipulative .... you still want to go ahead and throw yourself at his feet pleading friendship? Really? Trust me, this is exactly how it will come across to HIM, a desperate pathetic woman going after him. It's all very off-putting.

Please, keep your dignity in tact and just learn to accept that this one didn't work out and move on to someone who IS interested in you.
    You're entitled to your thoughts and opinions. But as a moderator, I am surprised that you do not use a more empathetic approach considering the majority of us on here are heart broken/ dealing with matters of the heart. That's not something to be nasty about despite your disclaimer.
    Yes, I wanted to be friends because I haven't been THIS excited about a man since my first love. Maybe I got excited by the lovely fake words he said.. but you cannot fake intelligence.
    I want to associate with intelligent people who are light years ahead of me. He sent me so much information, I liked that. He helped me out and inspired me so much. I enjoyed that. THAT'S why I want to be his friend, not because I think I have a chance with him. Cut a girl some slack

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Capricorn3

This!

Cut and paste to your fridge and read every morn, it's 100% spot on.

EDIT: I just read your response. Capricorn's post was no where near "nasty." It was honest, true and needed to be said.

Proceed at your own risk. I see nothing positive about it, but it's your journey, your life.

And ultimately your mistakes to make and hopefully learn from.

So best of luck.

Platinum Member
    All of this after two coffee dates. I don't think you are in any position to date.

Do you always get so attached to people?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ConfusedLady21
    I thought about that too. During this week of no contact, I'm beginning to feel that "obsession" dwindle.. What helped me was realizing his game and his manipulative advances to get a piece. If he wants to speak openly about other women, I already know about them, so sure. I know it takes being emotionally intelligent to process that I am not his pick and be okay with that. I am willing to put myself to the test, I think I would be okay.
    Don't you have friends you can talk to? Why would you want to be 'friends' with someone you say is manipulative?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice