Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Living with a chronic illness

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Another cause for TN in younger people is MS.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Dental injury can cause nerve pain. I had a severe bone infection dug out of my lower jaw about 9 years ago. Even having a nerve block can damage the TN. The dental surgeon that removed one of my molars told me I can NEVER NEVER have another nerve block.
    Originally Posted by Sweet Sue
    Someone here asked me if I had trigiminal neuralgia? No, I do not. My trigiminal nerve is just fine. It is suspected a root canal gone bad. When tooth was extracted just this past Feb, they found alot of abscesses and infection in the bone. Who knows how long all of that was there? I did notice that most of my problems began not long after the root canal.

Bronze Member
    Seraphim..... I don't know exactly. All she told me was that she goes to a chiropractor in her town and twice a week he gives her laser treatments. I can find out more about them if you want. I am happy to hear you are in remission!

Some of you guys with chronic illnesses should watch the documentary, What's With Wheat? It plays weekly on free streaming service Pluto.

I had IBS and almost died. I changed my diet and it saved my life.

Originally Posted by Gary Snyder
    Some of you guys with chronic illnesses should watch the documentary, What's With Wheat? It plays weekly on free streaming service Pluto.

I had IBS and almost died. I changed my diet and it saved my life.
    I have IBS as well. However, I donít think it will make much impact on TN. It wonít change nerve compression or a car crash injury or dental injury-whatever has caused my TN. My IBS and arthritis Yeah I am positive diet can affect that .

Thanks! I am super happy about it too!
    Seraphim..... I don't know exactly. All she told me was that she goes to a chiropractor in her town and twice a week he gives her laser treatments. I can find out more about them if you want. I am happy to hear you are in remission!

I admire pro golfer Phil Mickelson who has psoriatic arthritis. He first developed symptoms right before the U.S. Open, and the pain quickly became so intense that he couldn't walk. Now he's still at the top of his game. Look up to people like this as an inspiration rather than focusing on your illness constantly and chronically feeling like a victim or cripple..Many things are not "curable" only manageable.
    Chronic illness is like thief that comes in the night.
    Last edited by Wiseman2; 06-16-2019 at 05:45 AM.

Remember that if a therapy is not within a licensed non-MDís scope of practice, then it can be considered unlicensed practice of medicine. Some quack treatments, however can have a placebo effect.
    a chiropractor in her town and twice a week he gives her laser treatments.

10. 06-18-2019, 12:49 AM
    Reason
    Troll

11. 06-18-2019, 12:51 AM
    Reason
    Refers to deleted post.

12. 06-18-2019, 12:59 AM
    Reason
    Troll

13. 06-18-2019, 01:04 AM
    Reason
    Troll

14. 06-18-2019, 01:10 AM
    Reason
    Troll

15. 06-26-2019, 05:27 AM

Bronze Member
    Seraphim......I hope you are feeling better these days. Since my last post, it looks like the novacaine that I have received over the years is causing the oral/facial pain. Presently my doctor is detoxing it from me and I am happy to say, I have seen an improvement. Yeah! I hope you can get some relief from your TN, my friend is improving with the laser treatments.

I am glad you are feeling better. I am ok. Still in remission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice