Will my boyfriend move on from me?

atmay

Around 2 weeks ago, I was lucky enough to get into a relationship with someone I really liked. From the very beginning, he was very very sweet and affectionate. He gave me compliments left and right (ex. “You’re literally perfect” “You’re the most attractive person I’ve ever seen” “You’re rlly cute” “I don’t deserve you”) and he would always repeat that he really really liked me, that he very very much appreciated me and that I made him very happy and that he enjoyed being around me. When I saw him in person a few days later (leading up to our meeting in person, he would complain how the day was too far away), he was instantly very affectionate with me. He held my hand the entire time, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, and he even kissed me on my head. When I was sick before, he brought me a large thermos full of tea he made that morning for me, and he’s given me his jacket when I was cold (even though he was cold, as well). We texted and talked every day, we sent good morning/night texts and he would try to stay up late talking to me, regardless if he was tired and he often passed out during the convo as a result. He’s been very affectionate towards me and he’s talked to my friend about how “whipped” he is for me and how I’m perfect and how much he liked me (note: he’s never talked about any of his girlfriends this much before, or this fast before). But a few days ago, he suddenly stopped texting me and he got really distant. Eventually, I texted him regarding this and he broke up with me. He said he had a lot of things he needed to handle and that he was stressed and that he didn’t want to put me through that. He said that he cared abt me a lot and that I was amazing person, but that he didn’t want to lead me on or stress me out. He said he was cutting himself off from everyone and that he just couldn’t handle a relationship. This change in his behavior was very sudden, and for the past few days I’ve been thinking about this nonstop. Everything was going perfectly fine but now we’re broken up. He said “idk maybe we can work something out in the future but rn i can’t.” I’m worried that once he gets better, he’ll forget about what we had and he’ll move onto another girl. I’m scared that he’ll not like me as much anymore and that he’ll have lost interest. I want him to feel better above everything else, but I also don’t want to lose him or what he had because he genuinely was a great person to have around. In all of his previous relationships, the girlfriends have dumped him yet he’s always still been clingy and emotionally attached. So, will he move on from me or can I be sure that he will remember and come back to me?

We talked a lot during school before we started dating, and we saw each other nearly every day. I’ve known him for about a year, but we didn’t really start talking until maybe a month and a half ago. We met because of mutual friends and we’re both in high school.

Take this lesson with you. When things start off fast and furious, they often end the same way.

Trust someone who takes their time to really get to know you and then shows you their interest interest based on facts, not infatuation.

Or fantasy, which this was. How could it not be? You "dated" him for a grand total of two weeks! Hardly enough time for him to know that you were the "perfect" girl for him, right?

Anyway, once reality hit, which in his case took two weeks (for some boys/men longer) he "freaked out" (for lack of a better term), and was basically off and running.

As Holly said too, way too much, way too soon.

Leave him alone. Like go complete no contact. No questions, no trying to be friends, no nothing.

Boys/men like this are very dangerous, they can really mess your head up if you allow it.

Moving forward (without him), don't allow it. Be smarter than that.

Lastly, there is term for this, it's called "lovebombing," google it so you understand it and know what to be careful of and avoid next time.

I am sorry this happened, but big lesson learned, so in the end, it's all good.

Or fantasy, which this was. How could it not be? You "dated" him for a grand total of two weeks! Hardly enough time for him to know that you were the "perfect" girl for him, right?

Anyway, once reality hit, which in his case took two weeks (for some boys/men longer) he "freaked out" (for lack of a better term), and was basically off and running.

As Holly said too, way too much, way too soon.

Leave him alone. Like go complete no contact. No questions, no trying to be friends, no nothing.

Boys/men like this are very dangerous, they can really mess your head up if you allow it.

Moving forward (without him), don't allow it. Be smarter than that.

Lastly, there is term for this, it's called "lovebombing," google it so you understand it and know what to be careful of and avoid next time.

I am sorry this happened, but big lesson learned, so in the end, it's all good.

This is exactly what happened to you. Time to move on.

will he move on from me or can I be sure that he will remember and come back to me?

My best advice is to focus on yourself. If he has issues that he needs to handle and needs to break up with you to focus on himself then let it be. I know it hurts but focus on your hobbies, be around your friends, and do things that make you happy. It was meant to be he will come around, if not you will find happiness within yourself that you may not even care if he remembers you or will come back to you.

He buttered you up and led you on... to nothing :/

Like he said... he does not deserve you! He is right. Was only two weeks of fake.. respectfully leave it alone.

IF he was 'rebounding' off another relationship ending... he is still caught up in that- far from ready to be involved again.

Rebounds end as fast as they started. YOU want someone who is as ready as you are... tread carefully.

I was reading up on this just today abt someone I know... real loser :(

Learn.

You meet, he feels some type of way and wants to hang all the time, and then all of a sudden, he flips the switch, and now you're being "needy."

He only texts and never calls.

He waits too long to text back in between messages.

He texts you nonstop for a week, but then falls off the map.

He knows you too well — so he knows how to build you up and break you down.

This is otherwise known as manipulation, which, if you've ever been in a relationship where this is an issue, gear up for a year of therapy to get you back to a good place. Basically, if you start to feel crazy for no reason, consider it a red flag. F

In the beginning stages of the relationship, it feel like he gets to tell you that he really likes you, but when you tell him the same, he gets all ~*dIsTaNt*~ — as if you're trying to be too serious too quickly. Girls, if this scenario happens to you, please don't feel crazy. Just know that he isn't ready and GTFO

He isn't ready for something but "thinks you're amazing, funny, sweet, sophisticated, his dream girl, blah, blah, blah," which is why he continues to keep you on the line.

This back-and-forth game of tumultuous tug-of-war

Note: All red flags.. meaning.. walk.

In the finance industry this is called a SCAM. They get as much information from you and use you and then disappear. This is no different than in love but its emotional. They play on your emotions get what they want and then leave.

if your female its best to hold out on men like these. they tell you what YOU want to hear from the beginning. Some are great emotional con artists and do this to get sex. When they do a large proportion then tell you it doesn't feel right or they`re not ready to commit.

You don't need people like this. A person will be consistent through time. Its maybe in your best interest to say its all happened in a matter of weeks than months or years. A lot of people use this as a rollercoaster ride. To suck you in and pull away leaving you to wonder what went wrong and as it its you that's the issue. its not. Its him.

You need to pull away and look after yourself. Keep busy and find someone that deserves you and make a future together. I d say lessen the contact with him and let him go. If he`s interest he`ll come back. If not then you`ll know its not meant to be.

Remember this is around 2 weeks. THINK what it will be like in 2 years. Do you want problems like this so early on? Think about that for a sec.

Archived