i am blaming my husband for a job that i might lose.

my husband has brought me to another country, its been 6 years, recently we found out an opening with one of his/our relatives but he dint call on time and i got another job offer which i have agreed to. later his relative agrees to me to first see what the job is like and then agree on payment. i think he will offer better pay but i have agreed to the other job and havent started yet.

now i am blaming my husband for messing up things for me. if i take up the job i have agreed to, i might miss better pay, and if i refuse them and work for our relative i will look bad infront of the first offer that i have agreed to.

am i right for blaming him?

What stopped you from calling them? I couldn't with any self-respect hang my professional prospects on my wife making calls for me.

If you've got a job, good. If it's one that doesn't potentially involve the drama of working with / for relatives, even better.

Why be petty and blame him? Not a very fun way to live.

my husband has brought me to another country, its been 6 years, recently we found out an opening with one of his/our relatives but he dint call on time and i got another job offer which i have agreed to. later his relative agrees to me to first see what the job is like and then agree on payment. i think he will offer better pay but i have agreed to the other job and havent started yet.

now i am blaming my husband for messing up things for me. if i take up the job i have agreed to, i might miss better pay, and if i refuse them and work for our relative i will look bad infront of the first offer that i have agreed to.

am i right for blaming him?

You would be the first person ever to rescind a job offer? If you plan on making your husband responsible for everything that doesn't go exactly the way you want, might as well get the divorce now and save everyone alot of time....it's all we really have

Take the first job. The only way i would accept a job in a family business is if you had little kids and they were the only ones willing to be super flexible in your schedule. I would take the job you accepted - if you don't have tons of friends in the country except his family - you need to do something that seperates your identity from them. You can always work for a family business in the future.

The relative isn't making a firm offer, you don't even know how much that job would pay. Skip that. You've found your own job, so work it and leave family out of it. Blaming husband for something you could have dialed the phone to do yourself makes no sense. You're an adult, correct?

Archived