LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long distance

Thanks all

For this very reason I have learned to not develop any sort of interest or attachment to someone I have an electronic friendship with.

I often think of my first attempt at on line dating. I talked to a man on the phone for a month straight and conjured all sorts of ideas about him. I had a couple pictures to work with but all of these were merely one dimensional views of this man.

When we finally met in person I surprised myself. I was so confused by my reaction and lack of chemistry with the real 3 dimensional man standing in front of me. I also felt very responsible for getting to this point and in turn disappointing him.

He was attractive and one of the most genuine men I had the pleasure to meet. It just wasn't going to be a romance for us either.

It didn't take anything away from him. It shouldn't you either.

Unfortunately there are a lot of one-and-done dates with first meets, no matter how well they may have gone. In this case the distance may have played a major role.

Think you are right Wiseman. The reality kicked in.

Thanks reinventmyself.

I was definitely guilty of building up a romantic notion and getting carried away before our physical meeting.Was also his first experience of online dating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice