LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Issues with in laws

Platinum Member
    First of all, you should be working. You should also consider school to earn more.

I do not understand how anyone could ever think that this would work.

As Sarah suggested, sell the house . Then, either buy another property with your husband, or rent. Your marriage will not survive this.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 06-11-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Billie28
    Your husband has not bought a house with his mother.
    He couldnít afford to buy because he didnít have the deposit and she paid the deposit.
    If he allowed her name in the property when he is paying the full mortgage then he is a fool.
    When his mother dies she might leave half the house (her entitlement) to the other son.
    So, unless itís his name solely on the house , he will only eventually own half of it , regardless of the mortgage payments.

Why are you not working? Why are you freeloading?
    Do you have children? You ďthoughtĒ that you working was to help your husband out so you can pay your own bills??? You should be paying your own anyway? Are you telling me that your husband has been paying all of your personal bills too?
    While you sit at home all day?
    And you are complaining that the mother in law doesnít cook for you?

I think your husband just has a lot of freeloaders on his hands?
    Spot on! House full of "freeloaders."

It wasnít a family gathering.
    Your husband wasnít going to be there. You just happened to be there because you donít have a job yet.
    It was the half owner of the house(your mil) and her son (your bil) that were having people over.

They did let you know. You said you knew that morning.

No you canít kick someone out of their own kitchen, you can respect their time in their kitchen and cook before or after them.
    You arenít contributing financially , no reason not to do so either, so donít make demands. Sorry! Being a ďwifeĒ doesnít give you that superiority. Sorry you think it does!
    You donít get on with them, you donít like them, they donít like you either.
    The mil contributed significantly to the house , neither you or the bil have contributed anything.

Until you start contributing, you have nothing to complain about.
    What do you mean there wasnít people over? There was people nieces , nephews, other brother and his wife grand children . There was people Billie and I said it annoyed me that they chose a day when husband wasnít off. My husband told me at 11am because thatís when they told him and by 1 pm people were coming over and she was cooking in the kitchen the whole time. Money doesnít make you a good or a bad person billie

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by rainy446
    Why did I marry him? The same reason anyone marries someone. We love each other and being apart for long was painful so we wanted to get married because we love each other and I did ask him to wait but he couldnít be patient since he considered it an opportunity to have something on his name instead of paying rent.
    He wanted the opportunity to have something in his name instead of paying rent??
    You didnít contribute to that? So that doesnít make my sense? He did that with his mother? Not you?

Platinum Member
    Thatís exactly how I think. I tried to build a relationship with these people but itís like you have to do 100% and they might do 2% so itís exhausting. I should the one to always greet etc. Now I keep to myself because I have tried my best and honestly I do need a space as well. So my convos are minimum with them. And they are anyways never keen to start a convo or something so entire pressure is on me. Iím hurt because I have noticed few times that my husband is bit bias towards them.
    You will have more space if you have a job.

Platinum Member
    What do you mean there wasnít people over? There was people nieces , nephews, other brother and his wife grand children . There was people Billie and I said it annoyed me that they chose a day when husband wasnít off. My husband told me at 11am because thatís when they told him and by 1 pm people were coming over and she was cooking in the kitchen the whole time. Money doesnít make you a good or a bad person billie
    Money doesnít make you a good or bad person, you are correct.
    So why are you complaining about people because they arenít contributing money when neither are you?
    Your original post was ALL about money ?

Money doesnít make you a good or bad person, you are correct.
    So why are you complaining about people because they arenít contributing money when neither are you?
    Your original post was ALL about money ?
    It was example about how I think there are double standards.

He wanted the opportunity to have something in his name instead of paying rent??
    You didnít contribute to that? So that doesnít make my sense? He did that with his mother? Not you?
    His mum didnít have enough money to buy the house only for the down payment and she couldnít get mortgage so he wanted to help his mum out and also considered it good idea so he wasnít just paying money towards rent. They donít use to live together before.

Platinum Member
    It was example about how I think there are double standards.
    Your whole thread is full of examples of your double standards.
    Sorry!

Your whole thread is full of examples of your double standards.
    Sorry!
    Why bother even typing then.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice