Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Pregnant Wife vs. Woman I've Fallen For

Well, I'm very sorry if I hit a nerve but I do have to say that I got "that" from your first post in this thread. Her relationships had everything to do with codependency and still does because instead of leaving a man that cheats on her, a man that you wish she would leave, she stays and suffers and as you mention, often cries about that.
    I have not assumed, I only went on what you shared and wanted to alert the Op to look at what happened to your mother when she didn't get the help for her codependency and ended up once again in a dysfunctional relationship. Op does not have any of that in his marriage and I suspect didn't even dream about leaving his wife until the married woman at work came into his life and he tore down romantic relationship boundaries.

It was the adding of more of your thoughts that prompted me to respond again because I think it is important for the Op to understand about codependency so that he doesn't fall from the frying pan into the fire and he gets help for any codependency that growing up with an alcoholic often evokes. Personally, I think if HE gets into therapy with a good therapist proficient in codependency issues and him and his wife (and kids if they are old enough) get into family counseling, he won't even think about leaving her.

Bronze Member
    This new girl is exciting. She is the current hot commodity. She is the greener grass.

But you have a wife. If you have a wife, you should not be thinking about another relationship. You do not replace one with another! If things are not going well with your wife, you either fix them or you come to an agreement about ending your marriage. And if you agree to work on your marriage, you do not even entertain the idea of another woman. End of story.

The same goes for the other woman. She is married. How would you feel if your wife had a sidepiece?

When you married your wife, you promised her that she would be your only. You are breaking that promise. That is devastating. Are you OK with making her hurt? Are you OK with breaking her heart?

Ask yourself this: would you bring the other woman home and talk to her the way that you text her in front of your wife? If your answer is no, then you need to stop all contact. Immediately.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Well, I'm very sorry if I hit a nerve but I do have to say that I got "that" from your first post in this thread. Her relationships had everything to do with codependency and still does because instead of leaving a man that cheats on her, a man that you wish she would leave, she stays and suffers and as you mention, often cries about that.
    I have not assumed, I only went on what you shared and wanted to alert the Op to look at what happened to your mother when she didn't get the help for her codependency and ended up once again in a dysfunctional relationship. Op does not have any of that in his marriage and I suspect didn't even dream about leaving his wife until the married woman at work came into his life and he tore down romantic relationship boundaries.

It was the adding of more of your thoughts that prompted me to respond again because I think it is important for the Op to understand about codependency so that he doesn't fall from the frying pan into the fire and he gets help for any codependency that growing up with an alcoholic often evokes. Personally, I think if HE gets into therapy with a good therapist proficient in codependency issues and him and his wife (and kids if they are old enough) get into family counseling, he won't even think about leaving her.
    Originally Posted by amii1
    I’m not interested in continuing this conversation. If we disagree, then we disagree.
    Still not interested and still disagree. Thanks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice