Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Workoholic partner

I live with him.. and I can't afford to live alone.

What would you suggest saying? I haven't freaked out on him. I've voiced my concerns of his health and me feeling neglected multiple times.

No I'm not seeing anyone else at the moment. I'm currently more invested in building my buisness right now.

But I actually do those things. I don't make him meals anymore because it's pointless. He wastes his money eating out everyday because he has no time to prep food. I used to try and pack him lunch and he just forgets it or brings alot and doesn't eat it. Which makes me mad because I wasted my money on that food. So I stopped. I don't touch his laundry or his mess, only mine. If his stuff is in the living room I throw it in his mess corner of the bedroom. I have clients that come over so I have to have a clean space. And the people he is doing favours for are work connection friends. And most of them do drugs yes. He works in the entertainment industry..they probably all snort coke.

Platinum Member
    Moon it would be helpful when responding, you quote the post you are responding to.

Simply hit "reply with quote." On lower right.
    Thanks.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Moon13
    And I keep pushing about the cat.
    Take the cat to the vet. Just do it. Set up an appointment. pay for the appointment and tell him it occurred and then if he would like to reimburse you some or all, he is welcome to.

Does he pay 100% of the bills?
    If you have an income, you can afford to live with a female roommate.
    There are even people looking for a sublet - they moved due to a job offer or are getting married and still have 2-8 months in their lease and are offering for someone to sublease at a reduced rate to offset their costs of having to still pay the rent on it. Or pick up a side job - wait tables, do gig work or bide your time and take a class that will help you increase your income

That is bs. You can get roommates who aren't drug addicts. It sounds like you do a lot of drugs as well and that's what he brings to the party for you...free drugs. Be honest with yourself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice