Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: He says he will end his long distance relationship, but will he?

He says he will end his long distance relationship, but will he?

So, I met this amazing guy. It was if gravity was pulling us together, so much so that we call each other "Our Magnet". We have been inseperable for two months. Only problem is that he has a long distance gf two states over. They have been dating for two years. His whole family knows her and while they hated her at first, now they tolerate her. Him and her, had an open relationship and his family disaproved of it. I told him I want a closed relationship or else I would leave him. I am not the sharing type and the only reason that im still seeing him, is because she is far away. I told him that if she comes here, we are through. He told me that he would break up with the other girl because he could not live without me. He wanted a closed relationship a while ago with the other girl, but she refused. First though he wants to tell his family and then he would tell the other girl that they just are not going to work out. She was originally supposed to move in with him in August, but when he met me, he told her that it was no longer possible. So he is going to introduce me to his entire family next monday as his only girlfriend. Then break up with the other girl afterwards. He wants his family to know first in case she decides to start messaging them on FB. She has a lot of dirt on him and his family is religious. Do you think he will actually leave her? or am I being dumb?

Platinum Member
    Well, at least you know ahead of time that when he's tired of you he'll find your replacement, introduce her to his family and only then will he let you know you're broken up.

I wouldn't sign up for that.

I think that's what happens though when people agree to see other people outside of their relationship. There is always the potential to fall heavily in love. He asked her to close the relationship and she brushed him off and is seeing two other men. Me and him are not going to be doing that.

You're being dumb. 2 months is more than enough time to break up. He wants his cake and eat it too, and you're letting him.

He's lying....he is introducing you to his family to see if they will approve of you. Also, Think about it...if him and his GF are in an open relaitonship, what does it matter if she knows about you or not, and why would she get revenge on him...it's all fair game to be hookin up with others. If they split up, she has other guys to be dating. Me thinks they are in a committed relationship, and he's introducing you to his family to blow smoke up your butt about being committed to you and blowin smoke up his family's butt making them think the girl they don't approve of is out of the picture. He's playin all of ya, so he can have his cake and eat it to.

She knows about me, she has even called me, much to my disappointment. But she would be bitter because I do not want an open relationship, im essentially telling him dump her or lose me.. so he is going to dump her, which could make her angry.

Originally Posted by Oblivionsky
    She knows about me, she has even called me, much to my disappointment. But she would be bitter because I do not want an open relationship, im essentially telling him dump her or lose me.. so he is going to dump her, which could make her angry.
    Are you sure it's her? He could have gotten a coworker, a cousin, a buddy's GF or whatever to call you, and pretend to be her.

Oh my bad! Well, I'd remove myself from the relationship until he does break up. But are you sure you guys have the same values? Does he want to be in a monogamous relationship? Was this open relationship his first?

I am sure, because she tried to tell me that unless me and her were friends, she would not approve of me dating her man, that this will never workout otherwise. I told her to go to hell and that me and her would not be friends. She told me that she was revoking my right to see her man then. I told her to get some therapy. I still have her number.

It was his first and it wasn't what he wanted. his previous one was one that lasted 4 years and not seeing anyone else.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice