Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: He says he will end his long distance relationship, but will he?

Oh that's good. Then maybe step away until he does break up? Why is he delaying it?

He is delaying it because his family is having a huge BBQ and he wants to tell them and introduce me. He is afraid his mom wont like me if he just surprises her with me, so hes been hanging out with her and telling her stuff about me and how he met me. Then next Monday (the day of the bbq) im meeting his ENTIRE family. I think hes delaying bwcause of his family and afraid the other girl will harass him. Plus I think he wants the acceptance and approval of his family at why he's leaving a 2 yr long relationship for someone he only just met. Also he did tell me that at first he just didn't know what to do because how could he want to leave a 2 year long relationship for one soo new? he didn't understand what was happening to him. Last week we were supposed to go on a date, instead I showed up and told him that it was over. That I am not going to share or be the moron while he sits there and texts her all day. He told me he couldn't lose me, that even if I did leave him, he was still going to break up with her, because he realized their relationship was more of a business than a relationship. They would randomly stop talking to each other for weeks at a time and he barely saw her but maybe once a year. He is also slightly afraid that she will hurt herself and his sister happens to be her best friend. When I told him I was ending it, that's when he invited me to meet the family. He told me he would try to make the transition quick so I would not keep suffering.

Wow....
    Why don’t you tell him to end it with her properly....and in a couple of months ...IF he’s in the right state of mind, you and him can possibly start talkin* again? This man knew and dated this person for two years before you...why in the world would you be ok with him jumping from her to you...,regardless if it’s “long distance”?? Have some class and empathy.

It sounds like he is a mama's boy, he has no spine and he is a monkey brancher. And you are making the informed choice to enter in a relationship with him where you had to twist his arm in order to become exclusive... Imo, this is not going to end well.

I am not really twisting his arm. I told him that I would quietly exit his life, being in an open relationship does not fit my needs. I keep asking him if he's sure, that I can just leave. I id not know when we started dating that he was in an open relationship.

The reason im ok with him just dumping her is because they have hardly spent any time together and she has 2 backup boyfriends. I do not feel bad about taking the third. She has others to fall back on. Not to mention, an open relationship isn't what he wanted. She is kinda railroading him.

Platinum Member
    Why do you want such a spineless wimp of a man, OP?

I would be so turned off by his inability to stand up for himself and go after what he wants. To me, that's the behaviour of a kid, not a man. He lets others push him around too much.

Or so he has you believe.

Those are really weird reasons to delay. He's not sure if he wants to end it, that's what I think is happening. I can understand that it could be hard because of his sister, but not being sure if he wants to end something that he says is already over, points to the fact that he doesn't seem so sure that he wants to proceed with you. Either way, he is way too confused now, and ok I get it, but I think it would be best to step away until he really is sure. Even if he refuses.

Also, introducing you to his entire family? Isn't that a bit too soon?

And who told you this? Him or her?? Regardless.... the right thing to do is let him finish his current relationship respectfully.
    If he truly wants to end it..this will be a non issue for him.

Originally Posted by Oblivionsky
    I am sure, because she tried to tell me that unless me and her were friends, she would not approve of me dating her man, that this will never workout otherwise. I told her to go to hell and that me and her would not be friends. She told me that she was revoking my right to see her man then. I told her to get some therapy. I still have her number.
    Holy moley, what a bunch of BS this is! I'd tell bf to hit the road and move on and find a guy who is available. There's a whole lot of BS and lying going on here. If he wanted her gone, she would be.

Platinum Member
    Perhaps you don't want advice but instead people to tell you he's sincere and most certainly will end whatever it is he has with this other woman.

What do your friends think about the situation? What about your mom, sister, dad, other family members? Do they advise waiting for him to break up with his girlfriend?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice