Pregnancy scare

VinisaHoward

Okay so, I’ve been on the depo shot consistently for about two years now ( never ever missed a shot), on Jan 6 I took my depo shot and on the night of Jan 7 my bf fingered me, ( I never touched him that night at all) I’ve also never had sexual intercourse, oral, anal or any of that. I got a period on the due far of my next shot (April 6), I took the next shot on April 7. Because of my anxiety, I took like A LOT of pregnancy test they were all negative. I also got a blood test done on April 10th and May 31st which was also negative. My next depo shot is July 7th. Am i being irrational? I also suffer from ibs which gives me stomach issues, I may be relating to pregnancy

I don't think you can possibly be pregnant unless your boyfriend put sperm inside of you. And the pregnancy tests and blood tests would have been positive. I actually didn't have stomach issues when I was pregnant -I had period type cramping and some slight nausea and constipation later on. I do know of women who throw up a lot while pregnant and feel nauseous /morning sickness but from what I know it doesn't feel like when you have an upset stomach from more of an IBS issue (but I could be wrong -not a doctor or nurse -just a mom!)

I also don’t have a big belly at all or anything like that no weight gain I’m still 89 lbs but my bf swears to god nothing was on his hands. I took two urine on the 30 and 31st of January and it was negative all in all over 15 urine test all negative and two ql blood test also negative

Can I get a little more reassurance other than “not pregnant” I deal with pretty bad anxiety

Here is what I can offer - if you don't have a therapist or counselor find one. And/or call the local Planned Parenthood and ask if you can sign up for basic sex education classes geared toward learning how you can get pregnant. Also you can call the physician who performed the blood tests and share your concerns (or the nurse).

Bellies don't always get that big when pregnant - some do, some don't. You did not have intercourse, your boyfriend didn't put his semen inside of you (and semen dies pretty fast anyway), and you were on birth control and got your period.

My other suggestion is -do not be sexual again -kiss with clothing on etc but nothing where he has access to your vagina in any way - until you deal with your anxiety about pregnancy.

So the blood test were ql should I get a quantitave test done ?

You are extremely paranoid. No, you should relax and stop fretting so much. If you can't stop fretting about getting pregnant then do not do ANYTHING sexual or better yet, book yourself into therapy so that you can get a hold on your anxiety.

Sarcasm alert!

Sadly, only a little.

Ive said before, sometimes I think these poster want to be told theyre with child...

I mean if a blood test doesnt convince you, what difference does it make what a bunch of strangers on the internet say? If it actually is extreme anxiety/paranoia, you'll be soothed for maybe a few hours? Then the thoughts will be right back. You gotta get yourself into therapy.

Archived