LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Forward or Red Flag Creepy

Gold Member
    My gut is telling me he is distrusting because of being chested on and is eager to see if I have a bf I'm hiding etc by trying to nosy on my fb and ring me unannounced (sort of) I'm not interested in dealing with that baggage. Will see how he behaves but definitely on guard with this one.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by thornz
    My gut is telling me he is distrusting because of being chested on and is eager to see if I have a bf I'm hiding etc by trying to nosy on my fb and ring me unannounced (sort of) I'm not interested in dealing with that baggage. Will see how he behaves but definitely on guard with this one.
    I think you're overthinking what a stranger might be thinking and feeling. When I screened people out it was for things like this -too much calling/emailing (I didn't text back then or have a cell) - too pushy. I nexted men like that right away. I didn't try to play therapist as it took away from time invested in meeting men who might be right and it was just a negative pursuit I didn't need. If it's interesting for you to analyze sure go for it!

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    I was concerned for your safety especially since he is pushy/potentially unstable. No need to put on "airs" (heirs are the people who will get your money later on lol) and graces of course -never suggested that! I am not a fan of letting it all hang out with strangers especially form dating sites.

I don't think politeness and directness are disingenuous. I think criticizing a stranger from a dating site especially in typed words is way too risky. You're lucky he didn't take offense. I've been in the situation where strangers from dating sites have taken offense even though I didn't mean to offend and harassed me. No fun.
    Yes I have had strangers on dating sites and in real life and even on a date take offence or dislike either my personality or sense of humour and that is a good thing imo. Weeds out those who we are not compatible with or who need a sensitive touch (absolutely not for me). I have strangers on dating sites harass me even if I dont acknowledge their original message. They get blocked. Dealing with people who don't like you or are offended by you, who you don't like or are offended by is part and parcel of online dating. If offending people and potentially getting a bit of slack for it mean I don't waste time talking to those I'm not a good match with then that's a risk I'm happy to take. I'm not an overly diplomatic person and can be quite coarse so not much point pretending otherwise lol

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    I think you're overthinking what a stranger might be thinking and feeling. When I screened people out it was for things like this -too much calling/emailing (I didn't text back then or have a cell) - too pushy. I nexted men like that right away. I didn't try to play therapist as it took away from time invested in meeting men who might be right and it was just a negative pursuit I didn't need. If it's interesting for you to analyze sure go for it!
    I do get a bit of a buzz out of trying to figure people out I will admit. I don't try play therapist or excuse their behaviour though. If I'm proved right then good riddance, if not then let's see how it goes 😁

You told him to call you next week and he calls you right away. That shows a lack of impulse control, and you sure don't need to risk that.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by thornz
    I do get a bit of a buzz out of trying to figure people out I will admit. I don't try play therapist or excuse their behaviour though. If I'm proved right then good riddance, if not then let's see how it goes 😁
    You won't know however because he's a stranger. Certainly if you have the time and it's fun for you go for it! Hope you meet the other guy you're chatting with.

How annoying, I would tell him thanks but no thanks and would stop it right there.

You already told him to text you next week and he's messaging and ringing? Nope, rude and pushy.

My thoughts are, I think he's pushy and disrespects your feelings and your life. He does not respect nor comply with your requests which is very much a red flag! He's demanding. You've told him that you were tired, need to eat and relax yet he completely ignored what you just asked of him. He's bothersome and turning into a pain in the neck. He doesn't have boundaries.

In the future, never give out your cell phone number.

Give him fair warning and tell him it's time to end it. Give him the courtesy by telling him you don't wish to be contacted by him anymore. Should he refuse to heed your request, ghost and block him if it has to come to that.

The burner number's a great idea actually.

Iím not on dating apps but the fact he disregarded what you said so quickly definitely made me see red flags. I would proceed cautiously.....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice