Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forward or Red Flag Creepy

I would personally be super creeped out by his actions. Over the top, way too eager and pushy, and frankly disrepesctful

Gold Member
    Think I will tell him to call me tomorrow or Tuesday when I am free and I'll see if I can get a gauge on him. If he's still insistent and pushy I'll bin him off 😂

Platinum Member
    Doesn't listen to or respect what you are telling him. He also sounds desparate and too eager. Next.

Platinum Member
    Yes as I wrote I agreed too that he was over the top. I just wouldn't have replied as you did because he is a stranger and being snarky isn't called for. I might give him one more chance and totally understand why you now feel uncomfortable.

Itís not snarky to say ďeager are you?Ē - itís factually correct. She said it out of a place of discomfort, giving a hint to him that he crossed her boundaries. I think itís more than ok to say something when one is uncomfortable.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    Itís not snarky to say ďeager are you?Ē - itís factually correct. She said it out of a place of discomfort, giving a hint to him that he crossed her boundaries. I think itís more than ok to say something when one is uncomfortable.
    I found the words she chose to a stranger to be sarcastic and uncalled for. We can disagree! Certainly she could have written "I'm uncomfortable with you continuing to text when I've explained I am [busy]. Thank you for respecting my wishes." She's not "saying" anything when uncomfortable -she's typing words to a stranger. If she'd blurted it out over the phone different story -when people are uncomfortable sure that can happen.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    I found the words she chose to a stranger to be sarcastic and uncalled for. We can disagree! Certainly she could have written "I'm uncomfortable with you continuing to text when I've explained I am [busy]. Thank you for respecting my wishes." She's not "saying" anything when uncomfortable -she's typing words to a stranger. If she'd blurted it out over the phone different story -when people are uncomfortable sure that can happen.
    I don't feel it was snarky and it definitely wasn't sarcastic. It was blunt and matter of fact and in fitting with all our correspondence prior and my personality in general. I don't put on heirs and graces for strangers, I don't beat around the bush or be overly sensitive, I just be myself from the beginning. Anything else is disingenuous. I think if he thought I was being snarky he wouldn't have rung. Who wants to speak to someone snarky? Then again who wants to speak to someone who has made it clear they are not available to talk right now? 🤔

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by thornz
    I don't feel it was snarky and it definitely wasn't sarcastic. It was blunt and matter of fact and in fitting with all our correspondence prior and my personality in general. I don't put on heirs and graces for strangers, I don't beat around the bush or be overly sensitive, I just be myself from the beginning. Anything else is disingenuous. I think if he thought I was being snarky he wouldn't have rung. Who wants to speak to someone snarky? Then again who wants to speak to someone who has made it clear they are not available to talk right now? 🤔
    I was concerned for your safety especially since he is pushy/potentially unstable. No need to put on "airs" (heirs are the people who will get your money later on lol) and graces of course -never suggested that! I am not a fan of letting it all hang out with strangers especially form dating sites.

I don't think politeness and directness are disingenuous. I think criticizing a stranger from a dating site especially in typed words is way too risky. You're lucky he didn't take offense. I've been in the situation where strangers from dating sites have taken offense even though I didn't mean to offend and harassed me. No fun.

Gold Member
    I also already told him "I am uncomfortable with you continuing to text when I have explained I am busy" in my own direct way which was "Here's my number, text me next week" lol

I will get him to call me next week and see how I feel about meeting him but certainly not holding out much hope that he won't turn out to be a pushy weirdo. Chatting to someone else who seems a lot more respectful so will see if he is available too.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by thornz
    I also already told him "I am uncomfortable with you continuing to text when I have explained I am busy" in my own direct way which was "Here's my number, text me next week" lol

I will get him to call me next week and see how I feel about meeting him but certainly not holding out much hope that he won't turn out to be a pushy weirdo. Chatting to someone else who seems a lot more respectful so will see if he is available too.
    I would not meet him if I were you -you already are biased against him so it's a waste of time. I think your first response about "text me next week" was perfectly fine and direct!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice