LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Dates

Platinum Member
    I agree with others. But, it does seem like you are pretty into Aidan, yet playing games with him. If he was the best date so far and you are interested, take some risks. While at the same time not falling into oneitis too early.

Next time you talk to him, steer the conversation to some things you would like to do with someone you are dating, and see if he takes the hint and asks you. Your goal of 100 first dates should be abandoned if you have fun with someone and want to go on a 2nd or 3rd date with them. Also, a 2nd or 3rd date with someone doesn't mean you have to stop going on 1st dates.

But stop playing silly phone games.

Unfortunately online dating has a lot of one-and-done and hit or miss situations, so this is par for the course. Stop texting and calling this much. If they are not asking you on a second date move on. Why this strange 'goal'? Don't use people as ego boosts. If you are interested say so, if not move on.
    Originally Posted by Badlover
    my goal is 100 dates by the end of the year. I just wouldn't want to loose out on a guy that may be a good fit for me due to my own social awkwardness and bad self esteem. I'm always assuming people don't like me, and don't want me around, and it often hurts me.

Bronze Member
    I've been going on dates with a lot of guys, my goal is 100 dates by the end of the year.
    Your goal is 100 dates!? Hang on a moment here. Dating isn't a target. It isn't even a statistic. Why aim for 100? To compare the previous date to the last date?

Who says by the time you read date 89. You actually found out date 22 was ok and your going to go for him. Only to find out he`s been taken because your aim was 100!

Oh, can you remember date 60 and what about date 06. So stop with having goals and reading up what to do and the so called dating coaches because most circumstances don't apply because every dating situation is different.

I`d say relax and if you enjoy some ones company. There`s no reason why you cant focus on that than worrying about targets and goals. Theres also the risk of the more people you meet there`s a real risk of meeting ted Bundy or Gary Ridgeway. Stay safe.

Platinum Member
    I've been going on dates with a lot of guys, my goal is 100 dates by the end of the year.

What do you think?
    Quality should determine the number of dates, not some arbitrary number.

There's a fine line between chasing and reciprocating. If you don't act interested, surprise, men will assume you're not interested and move on. Try doing what feels natural to you. There is some trial and error, but most books out there on dating exist to make the author wealthy, not to help you with dating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice