Pregnant and cheated on

Lolo97

My partner and I have been together for 3 years and got pregnant last year. We have been going through rocky times that led to me losing trust and him drinking every night during my pregnancy. At month 8 one of those drinking nights turned into him going home with a random woman. The next day, which is the only positive action of this whole thing, he confessed to everything. It’s an incredibly difficult spot deciding to either stay forgive and work to provide our child with a healthy intact family or to act on the hurt and fear of never being able to trust and heal and try and go through it all alone.

My partner and I have been together for 3 years and got pregnant last year. We have been going through rocky times that led to me losing trust and him drinking every night during my pregnancy. At month 8 one of those drinking nights turned into him going home with a random woman. The next day, which is the only positive action of this whole thing, he confessed to everything. It’s an incredibly difficult spot deciding to either stay forgive and work to provide our child with a healthy intact family or to act on the hurt and fear of never being able to trust and heal and try and go through it all alone.

It's already unhealthy, OP.

You might choose to remain intact but there is no guarantee it will be remotely healthy.

Very few people are able to go the long term following infidelity. Keep in mind that trust is the glue that holds a relationship together, therefore without that you basically have nothing.

Either way, I'm sorry you're in this situation and hopefully you'll strive to make the right choices.

You don't have and can't have a "healthy intact family" with an alcoholic womanizer. So do not "stay and hurt" or stay and forgive", those are horrible options for your child and your future. Leave immediately for the sake of yourself, your future and your child. Immediately apply for child support on behalf of your child and only allow supervised visitation.

Never let an alcoholic around a child. Be a responsible mother and leave. You are more alone now than ever and will always be as long as you stay with this boozing creep. If you leave him, at least you and your child will have a chance at a normal life and happiness.

We have been going through rocky times that led to me losing trust and him drinking every night during my pregnancy. It’s an incredibly difficult spot deciding to either stay forgive and work to provide our child with a healthy intact family or to act on the hurt and fear of never being able to trust and heal and try and go through it all alone.

An alcoholic womanizer?

Wow!

The guy did cheat once yes. He admitted it straight away. Does that make him a womanizer? No , it makes him guilty of cheating.

OP, did you guys drink regularly until you got pregnant?

“We have been going through rocky times that led to me losing trust and him drinking every night during my pregnancy”

Can you expand on what was rocky that led you to mistrust him?

You can either forgive him and remain with him or meet a man that will treat you well, know what is right, respects you and makes you feel like you are his world.

I would go with the second option.

I would never ever, even in the most intoxicated state, harm myself and my family. IF I have issues, I would man up and face them with you. That is a real man.

Archived