Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My husband's best friend not the best quality?

Batya33, Thank you. When I was younger, I thought that education created class and refinement in a person. That was my ignorance. Throughout my lifetime, I've found out the hard way that it doesn't matter whether a person had a formal education or not when it comes to character.

At the end of the day, nothing else matters in this life except conscientious character. It makes or breaks all friendships and relationships.

Savannian27, Thank you for your kind words. I appreciated it.

Thank you regarding my brother. He's learning to decline and not allow others to take advantage of his naivete courtesy of my mother and me advising or "coaching" him.

I'm glad you had a talk with John regarding Bobby's ex comparison comment which was uncalled for btw.

And, I understand where you're coming from. My husband has a few friends but they're all very busy as are we. They're working, in relationships or married, have kids, busy households to maintain and the like just like most people. Therefore, no one monopolizes my husband's time so I never feel as if I have to "share" him with anyone which makes me happy as his wife.

As long as your husband's friend exercises discretion and your husband enforces healthy boundaries with him, hopefully it will be ok to continue his friendship with him.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    Batya33, Thank you. When I was younger, I thought that education created class and refinement in a person. That was my ignorance. Throughout my lifetime, I've found out the hard way that it doesn't matter whether a person had a formal education or not when it comes to character.

At the end of the day, nothing else matters in this life except conscientious character. It makes or breaks all friendships and relationships.
    Yes. Higher education mattered a great deal to me in choosing a mate -someone who valued higher education at least as much as I did plus had accomplished at least a college degree. Where I did all of my dating it was actually harder to meet people who hadn't at least achieved a college degree so it wasn't an issue.

But level of education doesn't affect how I choose my friends, acquaintances etc. Separately, character and integrity and ethics are essential to me as well. I realize there's not always an overlap.

Bata33, Higher education matters to me, too. The 4 of us including my 2 sons all have higher education and because of it, we enjoy our comfortable lifestyle. Our social circles are the same as well.

I too separate character and it matters in all relationships and friendships.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    Bata33, Higher education matters to me, too. The 4 of us including my 2 sons all have higher education and because of it, we enjoy our comfortable lifestyle. Our social circles are the same as well.

I too separate character and it matters in all relationships and friendships.
    Yes! I know of people with higher education who choose very low paying jobs/professions so unfortunately that doesn't always correlate either. I feel the same as you do about character!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice