Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 18 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex gets into rebound one day after breakup, gets name tattoo of new boyfriend

Ex gets into rebound one day after breakup, gets name tattoo of new boyfriend

I am really flabbergasted. I was dating this girl for about 9 months. She was very very much into me, maybe too much, texting all the time etc. I wanted to take it slow, her divorce was not yet finished. She obviously wanted more commitment. Then, 1 day after she claims she feels rejected by me, but does not want to break up, she enters a new relationship with some guy, claiming that "he does want a relationship and you not", then 2 weeks after that they both get name tattoos, and some other tattoo on their backs, and announce their engagement on Facebook. ???? I have lost a month sleep over this, starting to feel better, but curious about your take on this?

Platinum Member
    Bottom line, this girl has some sort of issues that make her frantic to be in a relationship. Her actions of rushing things so fast with you before her divorce was even finished, then moving on to yet someone else who she is now so over the moon with that she's rushing like mad to marry him. I don't want to sound here mean, but she's pretty much at that stage of not wanting to look herself in the mirror and any guy will do and she is going to jump through all sorts of hoops to convince herself that this time "it's the ONE."

Also, she's gonna need a lot of surgery later in life to remove poorly thought out tattoos. Sorry, you don't realize it now, but you dodged a bullet here. In the future don't date women who aren't fully divorced and on the other side of a year from that divorce if you don't want to get hit with one of these sorts or be rebound guy. But trust me her current man is also rebound guy. I'd give the marriage a year tops to last if they even make it to the alter.

Platinum Member
    You've dodged a bullet with this girl!

Thank your lucky stars.

Not only did she rebound on you, but also with you. Do not get in a relationship with people who have not finalized their divorce...

Platinum Member
    armchair psychiatrist in me says she has a borderline personality disorder.

Where, I ask, do people find these gems? !!

Hermes, my dad would say the squirrels didn't get all the nuts

I can see now that I have been pretty blind... she is 36, has a boy of 7, I am 51, have 3 grown kids, youngest is 18. She moved here (another country than our home country) about a year ago. Her husband beat her etc. the marriage was long over, I do believe that. However, she has no money, no job etc. so she NEEDS security. I think that her feelings for me were real, the money was not an issue yet when we met. I understand it is possible I was a rebound, it did not feel that way. She needs security, that's the issue, but the step to go to the tattoo parlor seems very strange to me. I think the guy, who is my age, forced or convinced her to do that, they put pics on facebook of both of them in the tattoo parlor pfffff. Also quite strange that the guy, knowing where she comes from, goes all in with her after only a couple of days??? I think it is creepy that a guy takes a girl to a tattoo shop when it is clear that she is obviously a mess. I feel sorry for her, and for the kid, that I also got to know well ofcourse.

I'm truly sorry for your pain, but I would say they're made for each other. For what it's worth, he's far from getting a bargain.

Gold Member
    I for one would be happy. In today's world it's pretty hard to say any behavior is "abnormal," but those two fit the bill nicely. I agree with Jim, you my friend have dodged a bullet.

Page 1 of 18 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice