Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed. He wanted a break, is this an excuse?

You can do it. Just because he called doesn’t mean he wants you back. If he did he would make it clear and without blaming you.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Sableja12
    Thank you, I am trying x
    What happened to Chloe? Did you create a new account and repost the question under the Sable account? That's not allowed.

Anyway, no matter what account you're using I hope you stay away from this guy.

Curious, though, what horrible catastrophe do you think will befall you if you don't have a boyfriend? If you're "alone"?

Sorry to hear of your situation Chloe, I know to some it may seem minor, but to me when your partner goes away and meets women, and thinks enough of them to connect online, I find that very hurtful. In my opinion and my experience, breaks do not fix things, occasionally they will make the miss you and come back, but the underlying issues are still there. The best thing you can do is cut him out and move on. Someone will come in to your life and make you wonder why you were so upset before. I am hoping this happens to me too. Best of luck x

Bronze Member
    I wanted to ask the question update and wasn’t sure how it worked on here. Wouldn’t let me post another question but now I know why! I guess I’m just really struggling being alone, in relation to the boyfriend question . My mental health is deteriorating from everything each day

Bronze Member
    You are right. My heart is hurting right now as I didn’t do anything wrong and really tried. It has put me off ever wanting to meet anyone again and go through this hurt

Bronze Member
    Thank you, I also wish you the best and hope you heal from this. In a way, it is good to connect with those who are also going through the same thing. Please also share your issues, if i can help at all, I will try x

Originally Posted by Chloej123
    Thank you, I also wish you the best and hope you heal from this. In a way, it is good to connect with those who are also going through the same thing. Please also share your issues, if i can help at all, I will try x
    These threads have really helped me understand how he could be feeling when he won’t tell me himself, people have replied to me that have been in his situation and told me how they felt and what they needed. Everything was amazing with us, until both his parents died within 6 weeks, and he shut me out and told me he needed to be alone. He never said the words we are over, but I can feel it, and the more I think about how he has behaved the last few weeks, he has also shown it. I have to accept it, and I am not holding out hope we will reconnect, it is just very difficult getting used to being alone again, building your own life, when you are so used to sharing it with another. I can do it, and so can you x

Bronze Member
    So sorry to hear you’re going through this. It does sound like emotionally he is in turmoil, and people do irrational things to cope with grief. Sometimes even shutting out those he cares about most. Perhaps he feels like he doesn’t physically have the love to give you right now as he may well be consumed with just grief. Here’s hoping you reconcile or at least get closure x

Bronze Member
    I thought I would post another update, as things have pretty much got worse for me and the advice on here has actually been second to none however. I did end up sleeping with ex partner, which was a terrible, terrible mistake on my part. I am still vulnerable and hurt, and now I haven’t contact him, but have not heard a single thing from him since. It has completely tore me apart and I am really struggling to rebuild my strength. I wish there was a timescale for getting over these things that was short :(

Platinum Member
    I just read your update that you had sex with him (I assume over the weekend?) and you now feel like crap.

PLEASE allow this to be a big lesson learned. Read back through all our posts, specifically after he asked you why you unfollowed him on SM and telling you to "grow up." HE was the one to wanted the break!!

May I ask why you allowed him to manipulate you back into bed?

You don't have to answer, just ask yourself this question and please use this unfortunate experience as a big lesson learned, and vow to never allow a man to manipulate you like this again. Will you block him now?

Anyway, I am so sorry Chloe and hope you feel better soon.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice