Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My boyfriend wants me to move in with him and his mum

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    Nothing is more important than you independence. Don't move in with his mother. Two is company, three is a crowd.
    Yes. If you were married 35 years and your husband were to become disabled, that's one thing, but to take on a young man that cannot take care of himself and must rely on mom for his housing? Its not a high bar to find someone who is lookig after themselves

Don't move in with them and do not complain or talk about your living situation to him or his mother. You'll have no privacy and will be nothing more than a house guest. It also locks you into this situation way too much.

Simply keep looking for affordable house shares, apts, rooms, roommates, etc. Also you can not move in with just him unless you can handle much more than half of the all the living costs and supporting him unless he receives money from disability that he can put toward that.
    Originally Posted by Ona1991
    he said it to me straight that as long as he isn't working full time he won't move out from his mum's. I want to add that he has an chronic illness. that makes it difficult for him to maintain a full time position anywhere really. I keep thinking about it, but I like my independence

There's no way I would ever do that. Period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice