LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dating advice

Dating advice

A guy i met online is travelling to meet up by train. He booked a hotel to stay at the city where i am in and he asked me to stay at the hotel room separately ( so he will book 2 rooms). Would this be safe ?
    I talked to him on the phone several times in the past 4 weeks and he seems to be a nice guy but still i just need a second opinion. Many Thanks

Five minutes ago you were posting about Mr. Ferrari, who freaked you out when he mentioned sex on a third date because you need to wait a good while in order to feel comfortable having sex.

Now you're wondering if meeting a guy at a hotel for your first date is "safe"? C'mon now. Regardless of this guy's intentions, which sound suspect enough, you know it's not emotionally safe for you.

Why even bother putting yourself in this situation?

Oh no he is coming to meet up but his city is a train journey so he needs to stay at the hotel. We are going to spend time have food etc. Then he asked the question as he said he wanted to have the breakfast at the hotel with me .
    He said he wanted to spend time another day with me too as he will be travelling quite far.
    He will book 2 rooms at the hotel. I kinda feel it will be quite fun but definitely need to be safe....

Yeah i think i will tell him i cannot do that . Thank you

You can just as well meet him in the lobby of the hotel and dine at the restaurant there. Why do you need him to book a separate room for you? It seems a bit absurd. Any man in his right mind wouldn't do that for the right reasons. He sounds terribly fishy and I would suggest you meet him in a public restaurant and dine there.

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    Five minutes ago you were posting about Mr. Ferrari, who freaked you out when he mentioned sex on a third date because you need to wait a good while in order to feel comfortable having sex.

Now you're wondering if meeting a guy at a hotel for your first date is "safe"? C'mon now. Regardless of this guy's intentions, which sound suspect enough, you know it's not emotionally safe for you.

Why even bother putting yourself in this situation?
    I agree. At least you are asking this time OP before making a decision.

For future reference... do not meet some guy for the first time in a hotel room, at your place, at his place, or any secluded place. Always meet in a public place until you get to know them better and always tell someone where you will be and when. I used to have a code with friends as a signal for them to call me if the date was going sideways.

Platinum Member
    I would book the room myself so he doesn’t know the room number and tell the front desk not to give your room number to anyone else.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    I would book the room myself so he doesn’t know the room number and tell the front desk not to give your room number to anyone else.
    I know, if he books the room then it means he has the right to ask at the desk for maybe the lost of key and try to get into the room ( just in case for the worst case scenario ) , but i dont think he is that bad though always prepare for the worst....

Not sure if you are trolling but come on, a guy you met online wants to book a room for the first meet and you are wondering what that's about?
    Originally Posted by zzzz74032343
    A guy i met online is travelling to meet up by train. He booked a hotel to stay at the city where i am in and he asked me to stay at the hotel room separately.

Originally Posted by zzzz74032343
    A guy i met online is travelling to meet up by train. He booked a hotel to stay at the city where i am in and he asked me to stay at the hotel room separately ( so he will book 2 rooms). Would this be safe ?
    I talked to him on the phone several times in the past 4 weeks and he seems to be a nice guy but still i just need a second opinion. Many Thanks
    If he books both rooms, what's to stop him from getting a second key to your room? No, I don't think this is safe. If you must stay overnight in this hotel, book your own room.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice